Exile to D&D conversion

sllimjchaos

Hey everyone.

Long time fan of Exile and all things Spidweb. I have recently begun to convert the MonsterData.RTF file (Thank you Tarl Roger Kudrick) into something resembling a D&D compatible monster list.

So far I have managed to stumble my way through doing the bare basics like abilities, STR/DEX/INT and SP/Mana. What I'm having problems with now is deciding on things that the Exile series never included. Specifically CON, WIS and CHR.

I have included the file here for anyone that wants to take a look (and maybe use for a homebrew campaign) and would appreciate any advice, feedback and support.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-d0GgTaimw5MFBsWEVDRXhhaXJtR0s2aEFOemd2UVREMFpr/view?usp=drivesdk

Edited by sllimjchaos
Removing accidental link to incorrect document.

Hello sllimjchaos,

This sounds like an interesting project, and it will be good to hear more as you progress!

I believe the link you posted above was in error. Since it contained some personal information, I have removed it – just to be on the safe side.

Do please update this thread with the link to your database. It will be interesting to see, and I'm sure people here will find it useful!

Constitution might be approximable by looking at poison and magic resistances, and maybe monster type inherent traits, i.e. undead are immune to sleep, etc. Traits are in the OpenBoE documentation I believe. (Somewhere at www.openboe.com probably.)

I don't know what Wisdom does or what CHR is.

6 hours ago, Ess-Eschas said:

Hello sllimjchaos,

This sounds like an interesting project, and it will be good to hear more as you progress!

I believe the link you posted above was in error. Since it contained some personal information, I have removed it – just to be on the safe side.

Do please update this thread with the link to your database. It will be interesting to see, and I'm sure people here will find it useful!

Thanks for that Ess-Echas. Im not sure what happened there.

Almighty i meant Charisma sorry, but i may do some fugly math to figure out the stats like i have with STR/DEX/INT. And i think Wisdom is more related to things like mage/cave lore and decision making/situational awareness (ie Vahnatai lord - heaps vs goblin - maybe like 2).

Thanks Thaluikhain, as you will see from the proper doc the formulas are a mess and each stat is well.... You'll see 😁.

Yes as for CHA, that may have to be either ripped from D&D counterparts or just made up on the spot.

5 hours ago, sllimjchaos said:

Thanks for that Ess-Echas. Im not sure what happened there.

No worries!

Sorry to flag up another issue, but your new link also seems to be problematic – but for a different reason this time. It appears that this new link has a permissions issue. At the moment, users won't be able to access your document: the settings currently mean that only you can view it. You might need to check the permissions and change them so that the file can be viewed publicly.

If you've done that, just do a quick sanity check that you can view the document when logged out of your Google account. Then everything should be A-OK!