Unexplained change in Evasion stats

BenS

You could check by going to a cleared dungeon or zone other than a fort and checking to see what the evasion numbers are. It might be inside forts the Royal PC is the only character on screen.

Edit - As you move away from characters with Tower of Might, the evasion should drop when they are over 6 tiles away.

I've done some testing...and am more confused. My 4 characters are: 1) Royal PC; 2) Ukatish PC; 3) Vol PC [w/ 3 ranks in Tower of Might]; and 4) Ahriel PC. I checked their evasion stats in 5 scenarios, and this is what I get:

[inside a Fort]

1) 40/25

2) 15/10

3) 30/30

4) 35/25

[walk outside the gates of a Fort]--the magical evasion goes up uniformly by 15%, but physical evasion is up either 15% or 25%

1) 55/40

2) 40/25

3) 55/45

4) 60/40

[other lands, outdoors, non-combat]--same as above (2nd scenario)

[battle, w/ more than 6 spaces between all 4 PCs]--w/ the exception of the Vol PC, same as inside a Fort

1) 40/25

2) 15/10

3) 45/45

4) 35/25

[indoor location, not a Fort; e.g., Refuge of the X; grouped up, no battle]

1) 55/40

2) 40/25

3) 45/45

4) 50/40

a few things are clear here:

1) Tower of Might doesn't apply unless the character who has it is on the map.  Even for them.  This is why the Vol PC gets +15/+15 in battle compared to in a fort.

2) Something is causing physical evasion to go up an extra +10, for everyone who's not the royal PC, when the party is clustered.

#2 seems more likely to be a separate effect, than a bug in Tower of Might, given that it doesn't affect the royal PC, and also doesn't affect the Vol PC when they are the only one in range for Tower of Might.

I suggest that in fact this +10 is also being applied to the royal PC -- but it's being generated by the royal PC, so there's no scenario in which we see it not being applied.  If proximity to the royal PC is responsible, that explains why this +10 looks like it's coming and going with Tower of Might.  But it's not.

13 hours ago, The Rural Abjurer said:

Dyne's Paliside has a passive ability called "Shield Ally", doesn't it?  +2 to Shield Ally.

That kinda seems like it could explain this +10% to physical evasion that only shows up for the non-prince PCs when they are near him.

You could well be right. I guess I had assumed it was blocking, rather than evading, physical dmg. But evasion seems better so...great.

19 hours ago, BenS said:

I guess I had assumed it was blocking, rather than evading, physical dmg. But evasion seems better so...great.

Yes, this is the cause. Shield Ally contributes to evasion. Sorry for being a little slow to cotton on!

Shield Ally gives +5% physical evasion per point to all nearby allies. So your Dyne's Pallisade should account for that extra 10%!