Possibility of endgame disrupt earlier missions? Spoiler

Tony

Hello I was just doing quests peacefully, when suddenly the calamity strikes again! I read the guidebook which writes end game will happen after you make 3 vassals but I would made 2 so I wasn't prepared for it (I am trying to complete every quest so in terms of days I may have met the requirement).

My concerns are that I am missing out a few of nisse dreams (only purchased 5 and never been to room 3) and also there is a quest ask you to find a miner who entered the refuge. The dreams I assume are probably no longer obtainable since I am already killing them. I did not except this to happen so soon which is why it seems to a mess at the moment. Anyway the dreams I can be more or less content missing out some of the dreams because I don't like the nisse anymore, what about the miner quest? Is it still doable after I complete the underground?

The miner is sitting in a southeast room in the Refuge of the Woods. You can look and see if he's still there. I never waited that long to do that quest.

There are different Calamity messages. There is a warning that something is happening after 2 vassals and then it returns after all 3.

15 minutes ago, Randomizer said:

The miner is sitting in a southeast room in the Refuge of the Woods. You can look and see if he's still there. I never waited that long to do that quest.

There are different Calamity messages. There is a warning that something is happening after 2 vassals and then it returns after all 3.

For me it happened after 2 though. Yes only the message displayed but then I went to the refuge everyone is gone and hiding. I was able to convince the leaders to hand me the key and now I am in the underworld.

I am pretty sure I did not find him but I will check the miner guy again later.

• 1 year later...

Hello prospero14,

When you experience behaviour that’s different from other players, don’t always assume that it’s a bug! What you’re seeing here isn’t a bug, but just part of how the game is designed. Different players will experience the game slightly differently!

In Queen’s Wish, there are two different ways to trigger the calamity. One way of doing so is to make contracts with all three vassal states. This seems to be the approach found by the vast majority of players, which probably explains why you’ve seen it written so frequently.

However, there is another way. A little dialogue box should have appeared shortly after you made a treaty with your second vassal. It describes ‘Something Odd’ happening: a strange, brief ‘surge of magic’ that you experience.

This little event is the Nisse taking notice of you, and beginning to take action. So far as I understand it, this dialogue box starts an in-game timer. After a certain number of days have passed, the calamity will trigger. So, if you take your time in the third vassal state, and stop to smell the flowers, the calamity might take hold before you’ve completed the third vassal quest. That’s what has happened to you, I think!

Otherwise, welcome to the boards. It’s always good to see new Queen’s Wish players on here!

Thanks for the reply! I was just worried I wouldn't be able to complete other quests but it seems like I still can.

FWIW I got the first "something odd" notice right after I signed the second treaty.

And I've been lurking on these boards for many years, but I've never before done something Randomizer says is impossible. :)

Edited by prospero14