Need a quick review to see if you should buy this game? I've got you covered!

Relle

I've previously done video reviews of Escape from the Pit and Crystal Souls, and I was fortunate enough to get a review copy of Queen's Wish from Jeff (big thanks!) courtesy of the Gaming Outsider podcast. I've been playing these games since I was a teenager when I started with Exile 2: Crystal Souls (I didn't play the original game until it became Avernum).

Queen's Wish: The Conqueror was an interesting conundrum, because while I liked the building aspects and the new world, it makes a lot of changes to the established formula that I knew a lot of long-time players might not be happy with. I think it's a worthy addition to the Spiderweb catalog, but I also understand that some changes (no XP for regular mobs, dungeons that respawn, etc.) can be polarizing. I personally think the only thing really wrong with that system is having mobs roaming the overworld. I feel like they should either be confined to side areas you can explore, or give more of a significant reward when you fight them besides some coinage. All in all, I've been having a lot of fun with my party of baldies, and I look forward to seeing how our decisions in this game translate to the next!