Switching equipment in combat

Grimm

When I try to switch equipment in combat, I get a notification saying I don't have enough AP.  Fair enough, except I have 5 AP, which, unless there's an item somewhere I somehow missed, is the maximum: what do you mean I don't have enough, I couldn't possibly have more!

I'm thinking either this is a bug, or you're just not supposed to be able to switch equipment in combat, but either way that particular notification doesn't make sense.

Switching equipment through the inventory page (say from a sword to an axe) iirc costs 6ap (so can't be done in combat) switching between your sword to a bow (already equipped on your person) is only 2ap.  'Switching' really is only changing from a ranged to melee weapon (or vice versa), not readjusting inventory during combat.

No, that's not what I'm saying.  You get 5 AP in combat.  You can use any action as long as you have at least 1 AP remaining.  Right?  You can walk four spaces and then attack, for example.  But if you attack right away, you can't subsequently walk four spaces, because attacking uses 6 AP.