[Spoilers] A theory about the next game

Nitrogames

Not sure if it has been confirmed or not already, but after finishing the game and thinking about it for a while, I do not think we'll ever see Sacramentum again. Since our choices carry over and the fact you can pretty much solve most problems in most of the endings, I think we'll end up in another landmass filled with vassals for Queen's Wish 2, plus it'd be a bit hard on him to add all the dialogue and characters for each different possible ending. Going to a different landmass would would mean there would only need to a few references from the first game here and there.

A bit more crazy theory here, there's no real strong reasons backing it up. I think the queen is going to die near the end of the 2nd game while your out adventuring and Sutter is going to be king for the rest of the trilogy.

Welcome to the forums, Nitrogames!

Yes, what you say here makes a lot of sense. After all, the Queen talks about her three failures, so it would make sense to think of these as three different 'regions' we need to work through for the three games. After all, there's not much need for fort building on Sacramentum after most of the endings, and that's a major part of the game mechanics!

One observation, though, which I've just noticed since you've brought it up. The game is slightly contradictory about who is next in line to the throne. In the Nisse's Refuges, it's said to be Sutter. But in the Nisse's Tower, Sutter's shade says that it's actually Delia. I'm more inclined to believe the shade on this one – if we do see a new ruler, and it's not the player, my feeling is that it would be Delia. And hooray for that! I think Delia would make an excellent Queen!

That also has the plus side that Jeff won't need to change the title of the game to King's Wish :)

16 minutes ago, Ess-Eschas said:

One observation, though, which I've just noticed since you've brought it up. The game is slightly contradictory about who is next in line to the throne. In the Nisse's Refuges, it's said to be Sutter. But in the Nisse's Tower, Sutter's shade says that it's actually Delia. I'm more inclined to believe the shade on this one – if we do see a new ruler, and it's not the player, my feeling is that it would be Delia. And hooray for that! I think Delia would make an excellent Queen!

That also has the plus side that Jeff won't need to change the title of the game to King's Wish :)

On the other hand, if you tell Sutter you plan on ruling Haven when you return, he gets very angry and says that he's next in line. The intro also says "Your older brother will become King someday." That might just be some weirdness with the Shade itself.

Yeah, I definitely see QW2(+) off in new areas as trying to send everyone back to our current playground but with their own endings taken into account would be a programming nightmare.  Starting people somewhere new where their major actions from QW1 were taken into account would be easier (which factions you supported, letting the Nisse live, etc).

Pulled from my butt predictions, QW2 is similar to this one in that you are sent somewhere to pacify the natives/put down a rebellion/etc.  At the very end of 2, mom dies and 3 is about who is going to take over the throne.  There were just too many places where 'you' (your character) were asked/told/given a chance to talk about your desire (despite being #3 in the line of succession) to become king/queen.

It'll be interesting to see how Jeff weaves the tale to get to the final point when all is said and done.

Expanding on my 'extracted from my nether region' thinking... which factions you support here could easily carry into QW3. Did you support the groups that Mom originally did who would then throw their loyalty to the established line of succession. Or did you for instance put the Owen into power and now their loyalty moving forward is more to you personally as 'you', not your brother/sister, freed them from that system.

If the choices you make here carry forward... you're assembling your army for how strong you are going to be in 3.

Wow, this is going to be great. 

It's pretty likely that the queen is going to die before the end of the series, especially if Total Victory is the canon ending. I don't know if you can get that ending without killing the part of her soul in the Tower of the Nisse. It would be really interesting if there's a power struggle for the throne in 3 or if your decisions end up shaping what happens to Haven at the very end.

We're almost certainly going to see the second failure next game, but things like your reputation will likely carry over and I'd be surprised if the faction choices didn't have an effect.