Couldn't quit

Muscleguy

So I tried to quit the game after saving and in common Spidweb mode it asked me if I wanted to save. So I clicked no, as you do and it put me in the save game slots. I could not quit or do anything as the game (Mac Demo) would not let me do anything until I had 'finished my task'. I had to use Activity Monitor to Force Quit the game. 

Not impressed. Oh and the Demo has no icon. 

Mac 10.12.2

Hello Muscleguy,

Sorry to hear that you've been having problems.

It sounds like the issue you're experiencing here is a version of one previously reported in the thread below. It's one directly related to the demo, rather than to the full version of the game – saving in the full version should not be a problem. Spiderweb will be releasing a new demo early next week which should fix the problem, and allow you to proceed normally!

http://spiderwebforums.ipbhost.com/topic/25000-issues-with-saveloadquit-modal/

While I know it's not ideal, force-quitting the game should allow you to keep going with the demo for now until the updated version is released.

Also, since I don't believe it's been mentioned on these forums at this point, the icon problem on certain systems is a known quantity. This has been addressed, and the update early next week will also provide a fix for that!

6 hours ago, Muscleguy said:

So I tried to quit the game after saving and in common Spidweb mode it asked me if I wanted to save. So I clicked no, as you do and it put me in the save game slots. I could not quit or do anything as the game (Mac Demo) would not let me do anything until I had 'finished my task'. I had to use Activity Monitor to Force Quit the game. 

Not impressed. Oh and the Demo has no icon. 

Mac 10.12.2

This just happened to me as well, on Windows 7 SP1. Demo version. I had to use Ctrl+Alt+Del and kill the process in the Task Manager.