Placing shops/ Game Mechanics

notarockstar

I am sure this is just my issue. I freed Great Port, talked several times about the wood for 2 shops and bought a smithy and an apothecary (I think?) and went to place them in the wood floored shops I had made and nothing happens. I have tried everything I can see but they do not create. Does this happen as I get more resources or am I missing something? Just want to learn this before I forge further. Especially if it is me missing something as I find this game very different from my beloved Geneforge Series.

Thanks.

I'm having trouble buying shops for Fort Muck. I have bought a Bakery, but a blurb says that it can't make money unless I also build a mill in that fort. OK. But the game won't let me buy a mill. I have a mill in Fort Haven, but none in Fort Muck. The plus signal is dimmed out. 

A bug perhaps? This ought to work. Or, I'm missing something.

Also, I went back to Fort Haven to build a bakery, but again I get a dimmed-out plus sign. Can't buy it. I'm pretty sure I have the requisite materials to build these shops. I've already bought the buildings. That works fine.

Help? Thanks!

You also have to place a mill in each of the forts that you want to place a bakery/distillery in.

The output of the one in Ft Haven isn't enough to supply flour to all the forts in the region.  Then there is trying to transport the flour over primative roads in a timely manner. Bandits. Union trouble with all the required overtime due to the widespread distribution. Etc, etc, etc.

In the end it was just easier for Queen Mom to decree that every fort had to grind their own...