Game hangs for a long time fairly often

trinko

I'm just starting but the I get the spinning icon a lot. The game will hang for 10 or so seconds, or longer.  It seems to be related to when a new area is loaded but not always.  

I'm running 10.14.6 on an iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2017) 4.2 GHz Intel Core i7 32 GB 2400 MHz DDR4 Radeon Pro 580 8 GB

Thanks for any info.

This is a really rare issue, so I have to make sure it's a flaw in the game and not just a local issue.

Could you try running Activity Monitor while playing the game? WHen it paused, alt-tab to Activity Monitor and look at performance and see what process/program is slowing things down. This will do a lot to troubleshoot the issue.

Hello Lykeas,

From what you've said, this sounds like a possible memory problem.

Would you mind having a quick look again? In Activity Monitor, select the 'System Memory' tag, which you should see about halfway down the main window. This should show you a little pie chart of your computer's memory usage. Does anything odd happen to this when Queen's Wish hangs? In particular, do you have a small amount of free memory available, or does this drop to near zero when a hang happens?

Alternatively, take a look at the 'Virtual Memory' column of your active programs. Are any of these showing lots of memory usage? In this case, more than about 1GB probably counts as large.