Initial thoughts: Am I feudal Sterling Archer?

Steel Angel

I start the game not wanting to get out of bed which I imagine could be caused by a hangover.

My mother is in charge, doesn't trust me, but still makes me go into the field on a dangerous mission.

I have a butler named WoodStonehouse.

I can't always remember npcs I should be familiar with from my character's past.

I'm actually a capable field agent but will almost assuredly screw something up diplomatically.

I'm going to be very disappointed if I can't go into rambling dialogue about information that is true but not relevant to the danger at hand or I don't come back to base once and find that Stonehouse has gone off on a skribbane fueled sabbatical for a few weeks.

Somebody asked this in the AMA the other day.

Q:

"Is Stonehouse a reference to Woodhouse from Archer? Furthermore, does this make our adventurer a medieval Sterling Archer and the Queen would be Mallory Archer?"

Jeff's reply:

"Yes. If you want it to be."

(I confess, this immediately made me like the queen a bit more.)

45 minutes ago, Queen's Vlish said:

Somebody asked this in the AMA the other day.

Q:

"Is Stonehouse a reference to Woodhouse from Archer? Furthermore, does this make our adventurer a medieval Sterling Archer and the Queen would be Mallory Archer?"

Jeff's reply:

"Yes. If you want it to be."

(I confess, this immediately made me like the queen a bit more.)

I've started to read the dialogue of the two characters in the appropriate voices.  It's not exactly a 1:1 fit but it does add something to the experience.

I did write Queen's WIsh so you can behave in a very Archerish way if you want to.

I thought the huge tracts of land quote was a little too on the nose for Fort Bannerspire. People already get the reference. Also, I didn't have anyone there to say it, as everyone already fled/was eaten/was absorbed into a slime monstrosity.