Forgiveness for Deserters

iscalio

Is there a way to bring the deserters at the Neill manse (the followers of Sage Deckra) back into the Haven fold peacefully? I tried to foster a merciful and understanding image, but it does not seem to be enough for them to trust me, and they draw weapons at the gates after the first conversation, unless I leave.

You can't avoid that fight at the gate. I never looked if you could improve your reputation enough to force a check there, but most places won't change after you initial encounter.

There are other places where you can get a peaceful solution including inside there. Most places all the options are fight.

Welcome to Spiderweb Software. Please leave your sanity at the door. If you see mine, I need it back. :)

Thank you for the answer. That is too bad. After I said "I don't care that you are deserters" in the first conversation, they huddled amongst themselves and said something like "We heard that you are merciful, but it is not enough to trust you. Please just leave." That sounded to me as if a reputation check happened, and a peaceful solution was achievable.

Too bad.