How does this work balance-wise?

Chopkinsca

Last year I played the first BoA scenario an it was quite fun, but I wanted to get into trying out the Geneforge series so I never went back to BoA. Now I'm in the process of replaying Avernum 3 then Nethergate:R again. Once I'm done with that I will dive into BoA. One thing I wonder about is the process of playing all the scenarios. How does it work in terms of balance? How do I know if I'll find an amazing weapon in one scenario that trivializes the next scenario I play?

The best sources of information are reviews and guides that give you ideas about game levels, meaning what level you should be to play it. There really isn't a way to tell ahead of time about items. There are a few scenarios that have really good items and they get mentioned, but I couldn't locate a topic with that information.

For the most part the four main scenarios are designed alright in terms of balance. After that though, it’s a gamble as a number of scenarios tend to have really powerful weapons.

If worst comes to worst, you could always just edit the items yourself if they are too powerful.

I tried to play all scenarios, but there are just a lot varied quality within them that I instead just played the recommended ones. Heres a good thread that has a lot of recommendations 

http://spiderwebforums.ipbhost.com/topic/21956-a-new-best-scenarios-list/