Geneforge 5 Agent Artifacts

First off, I didn't know what to call this thread because I have a few questions, so I figured I'd name it after the most important question: Should I get the Firesteel Greaves for a little more spell power, or the Black Iron Greaves for more initiative. I don't plan on leveling dex at all but I want to be able to act before all enemies. Will this be possible without the black iron greaves, or will I need to get them to act before all my enemies?

The rest of my questions will be listed below to keep this post somewhat organized.

1. Can I still join the Trakovites if I told Agent Micheline where the haven is?
  2. Should I train in blessing magic from Sage Quothe? I've already managed to get everything else trained, and I'm wondering if I'll be short on gold in Chapter 3 if I get those 2 points in blessing magic. Either way, I want it high enough for essence blade.
  3. How high should I train my intelligence, magic stats, and healing craft for the optimal build?

This last part is just me seeking approval on my current strategy for bosses/tanky enemies. I believe its quite effective (on hard mode). I managed to shred the drake in the western shadow road with this. First I cast wrack, and over the next few turns, I apply lightning aura, acid spray, and searer for maximum damage per turn. From there I daze or dominate the minions and cast ice spray to apply extra damage. In this case, I dominated the drayk so he would kill the shades.

Anyway, let me know what you think of the strategy and please respond to any questions you can answer.

1. Probably.

2. Training magic stats is pretty much always worth it when possible.

3. Most important thing to get as an agent is mental magic. You don't need very much healing craft, and you shouldn't put points into it regardless because it is super expensive for agents. Intelligence is really only necessary for essence.

• 2 months later...
On 8/12/2019 at 10:00 PM, JackEKnoff said:

Should I get the Firesteel Greaves for a little more spell power, or the Black Iron Greaves for more initiative. I don't plan on leveling dex at all but I want to be able to act before all enemies. Will this be possible without the black iron greaves, or will I need to get them to act before all my enemies?

Dexterity and Quick Action are the two easiest ways to keep ahead of your enemies. It doesn't take much, but you should have a little at the start, but It's been so long that I've forgotten how much and when you need to do it.

Overall you are usually better off increasing damage because at the point where you can make an artifact you should be acting before most of your foes. Also you should have armor to withstand damage when you don't.