Release date

wasbear

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
On 8/9/2019 at 2:21 PM, Randomizer said:

Release date news: We've announced the release date for Queen's Wish: The Conqueror, our next all-new, indie, retro RPG! It's coming to Windows and Mac on Sept. 11, 2019, ..

The date on Steam is 09/12th, not 11. It's just "Coming Soon" on GOG. :D

Edited by ladyonthemoon

Hello ladyonthemoon,

As Randomizer has said above, Jeff is going to release the game on all platforms on Wednesday 11th. He's had this date planned for a while, and the date will have been publicised only when Jeff was sure that it could be met. If he says the game will be released on the 11th, it will be!

There are a number of reasons why Steam might be giving a different date. Note that the date it gives is provisional (in that it is a 'planned' date) rather than a fixed one.

Perhaps the most likely option is that Steam is just being a little cautious – it's probably just giving itself a little wiggle room in case anything goes wrong. If everything goes well, then they release the game a day 'early' and get happy customers. However, if there are any problems on their end, they get a day to sort everything out before their customers get concerned.

I'd be cautiously optimistic that the game will just release on Steam on the 11th anyway. And if it doesn't, you can always just download it from Spiderweb's own site right away as soon as the game hits the shelves!

America is behind European time, by the way, so 'Wednesday morning' will probably amount to sometime in the afternoon for you.

11 hours ago, Ess-Eschas said:

sometime in the afternoon for you.

I hope you are right but I doubt it.

On the other hand, the hint book and bonuses are announced for September 11: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1146620/Queens_Wish_Hintbook_and_Bonuses/?snr=1_5_9__405

Doesn't make any sense to me. Maybe, I'll buy it on GOG, it will actually depend on the price they'll charge for it.

Edited by ladyonthemoon

21 hours ago, Randomizer said:

The Demo is released at the same time as the game. However if you search YouTube for "Queen's Wish" there are a few reviewer's videos showing what happens part way through the first town as part of the tutorial. No one makes it to the first boss fight. *sigh*

Wait, where did they get the demo? Can't we have it now too?

23 hours ago, Randomizer said:

However if you search YouTube for "Queen's Wish" there are a few reviewer's videos showing what happens part way through the first town as part of the tutorial. No one makes it to the first boss fight. *sigh*

Hi, i thought i had an account via Google log, but it only returns an error, missing page or something, so i guess not.

I'm one of "the reviewers". I wrote an article (in french) about my first impression after about 3 hours on game time, my team was level 2/3

Now i'm about 10 hours in, level 5/6. I'm going with Veteran difficulty, and so far, it's quite good.

Combats are fine, few are easy, but in general i must be careful and it's becoming harder now, so i think it's a nice balance, for me.

I'll do a video (in french) soon, to talk a little more about some stuff and show the game "in action".

Article here : https://jv.jeuxonline.info/actualite/56820/queen-wish-the-conqueror-spiderweb-software-mere-reine

Edited by Tchey

11 minutes ago, Tchey said:

I'm one of "the reviewers". I wrote an article (in french) about my first impression after about 3 hours on game time, my team was level 2/3

Article here : https://jv.jeuxonline.info/actualite/56820/queen-wish-the-conqueror-spiderweb-software-mere-reine

Nice article ! Clear and not spoiling too much. (And, rarity on the French web, not one typo or fault! Congratulations! ;) )

The more I hear of that game, the more anxious I'm to play it. :)

On 9/7/2019 at 9:44 PM, Ess-Eschas said:

I'd be cautiously optimistic that the game will just release on Steam on the 11th anyway.

On 9/8/2019 at 8:53 AM, ladyonthemoon said:

I hope you are right but I doubt it.

You will probably have seen this by now, but Queen's Wish has now been released on all platforms, and in all regions! It's even being sold at a slight discount on Steam!

Jeff is a good and trustworthy developer. As a general rule, I would trust what he says over dates released on other distribution sites. If he says that something will happen on a certain date, it will!

1 hour ago, Ess-Eschas said:

You will probably have seen this by now, but Queen's Wish has now been released on all platforms, and in all regions! It's even being sold at a slight discount on Steam!

Jeff is a good and trustworthy developer. As a general rule, I would trust what he says over dates released on other distribution sites. If he says that something will happen on a certain date, it will!

I'm sure Jeff is an honest person and all that but if Steam decides that his game will be released at a date of their liking, there's little he could do.

Anyway, yes, the game is now available in my region! I never buy the hint books, generally; I'm just wondering, are they really useful? And what are the bonuses?

Edit: why is it not available on GOG at the time I write this? And where is the demo? I found the demo: http://www.spiderwebsoftware.com/queenswish/index.html Click on your platform at the bottom of the page.

Edited by ladyonthemoon

15 minutes ago, Par Compensation said:

I've yet to hear a developer say they found GOG easy to work with. :/

You scared them off! The game has disappeared from GOG!

The link I had: https://www.gog.com/game/queens_wish_the_conqueror

Edit: it seems to be just a link problem. I managed adding it to my cart my accessing it here: https://www.gog.com/

Edited by ladyonthemoon

2 hours ago, ladyonthemoon said:

I'm sure Jeff is an honest person and all that but if Steam decides that his game will be released at a date of their liking, there's little he could do.

True. But don't forget that they would need a reason to do that :)

Any delay imposed by Steam means lost sales for them. If other sites release before they do, customers will buy from their competitors instead – as you yourself threatened to do! Given how many sales happen as soon as a game is released, delaying release would cost Steam, or any other platform, significantly. This is why you can be fairly confident that all platforms will release at the same time!

In short, don't always believe what you read in terms of release dates on external websites, as evidenced in this release. Trust the developer instead!