Dilecia graphic bug

Jerakeen

Hello;

I got an error message when I entered Dilecia, to the effect that a graphic in sheet 501 was unavailable, something about icon 8. The upshot seems to be that some character and terrain graphics are missing--Wallace and the swamp folk are invisible, and roads are empty space. Tried downloading directly from Lazarus's site and replacing, but the same thing happened. Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks.

Mac OS X and Stuffit. I definitely downloaded the Mac version. Fighting invisible rock golems added an interesting challenge to the game, but now I'm in the laser puzzle and there are evidently a bunch of objects I can't see. I can't even tell what my goal is, so I will have to suspend play until I figure this out.

If you get the Windows version you can probably find the relevant sheet and use Graphic Adjuster or a resource editing program to put it into the cmg file. In the Windows version, you would need to find a file called G501.bmp and paste its contents into the cmg file as PICT ID 501.

It could be that you've been downloading older scenarios (Which were packaged in older versions of Stuffit) and so they're messing up when you uncompress them. Or it could be that your version of Stuffit was updated somehow.

Or it could be that I'm a PC user and don't know what the hell I'm talking about.....

Although I don't understand your specific problem, Stuffit seems to have been causing headaches for a lot of people recently. Try a program called The Unarchiver instead. It's free, it handles all types of files, and it has worked great for me. (Sorry I don't have the link, but it should be easy to find - I know it's available from Apple's website, for one.)