Queen's Wish - Equipment Slots Reduced from 12 to 7? (JEFF STOLE OUR PANTS)

mikeprichard

I'm very disappointed to see from the screenshots that the character equipment options have been vastly reduced compared to previous Spiderweb titles (no cloak, gloves, belt, pants, or boots slots, reducing 12 equipment slots to only 7). Equipment customization was a huge aspect of the fun in these titles. I suppose it's too late to revert this unfortunate trend now. Still, of course I'm excited for September.

Edited by mikeprichard

Clearly, my one and only concern is the pants. Forget all the other tried-and-true Spidweb equipment customization options that Queen's Wish is also doing away with (possibly in the interest of simplifying gameplay... which makes me a bit wary). I just want my pants back. If I find out where Jeff has put them, I'll let you all know.

Edited by mikeprichard

It is possible Jeff wants to simplify character building so that it doesn't take away from the complexities of the new town building aspects.
I also suspect(hope) that item customization will be a thing. Like enchanting your own gear with unique traits instead of just finding unique items. If this is indead a feature I imagine character builds will be just as flexible as they were with 12 equip slots.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Eh, could be worse. Honestly, part of me has gotten tired of super-piecemeal itemization. Granted, that's generally in titles where every item = character model alteration, but seven slots is a fair balance, particularly if there are far broader, more intricate systems to invest in.

You might not have to worry about pants, but what kind of Portcullis is your keep equipped with? Ramparts with +5 to Machicolations and so forth...

Yeah, I agree with that take.  Having lots of item slots works when there is meaningfully different functionality between them.  But when every slot just has variations on "a teeny percentile increase to defense, one or two mild stat bonuses if it's a magic item, and maybe an even less relevant tiny boost to one elemental resist" that doesn't make for interesting choices.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
On 4/29/2019 at 2:27 PM, TriRodent said:

Hopefully there will at least be a cod piece.  Kind of worrisome having all those sharp swords/daggers swinging around that close to the family jewels...

Also, if you think about the height of many of the monsters - wolves, giant lizards, giant spiders and such, and you think about their average eye and more importantly, mouth height....

Edited by Clintone