Whats BoA about

bobness

BoA is like the other Avernums (1-3) except instead of one giant quest you play through scenarios. The game comes with four default scenarios and you can download player made scenarios to play through. Most are quite good.

You can also make your own scenarios by downloading the scenario editor, but it'll take some practice and learning before you can make anything.

Quote:
Originally written by Enraged Slith:
BoA is like the other Avernums (1-3) except instead of one giant quest you play through scenarios, and BoA is 10x more amazing.
FYT.

Seriously, though. The ability to create your own adventures gives BoA a value of relatively enormous proportions. Especially once you understand how to manipulate the system and develop workarounds for problems.

Oh. Welcome to Spiderweb, by the way. Leave your sanity at the door.

One of the best ones I can give is to not try to jump in head first and make the world-changing scenario, because you'll look at it and it'll be way too daunting. Before even releasing my first (and only) complete scenario, I did a ton of experimenting and studying of other scenarios. And then when I did finish, it was pretty simple and very short, and still needed improvement.

So yeah… start small.

EDIT: I suppose I can extend the same welcome to you too, Ghost.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I'm a newbie to the forums (just registered today! smile ), but I've played a lot of BoA scenarios (and other Spiderweb games like Geneforge 1-3). You can waste a lot of time on this game - there are a lot of really great scenarios that have already been developed. I've been playing since November, and have gone through most of the highly rated scenarios.

BoA is not very graphics intensive, so you can play it on older machines. But the games put a lot of emphasis on story and strategy, which are the most important factors in the quality of game play for RPGs.

The bottom line is, with all of the great scenarios that have been developed in addition to the ones that you get when you buy the game, plus the ability to develop your own, this game is worth much more than you pay and is definitely worth your time.

If'n you're interested in learning about user scenarios that are available, I am working on compiling the current listing of available third-party scenarios with some synopses and criticism on this page.

EDIT: This was meant to reply to the topic, not to Kel

The Silent Assassin thinks that broken glass will soon replace lava lamps as a popular fad.

It's not the brightest idea that he's had.

Catching up on BoA (in reviews and playthroughs) is on the to-do list after ripping up the carpet in the kitchen.

That said, I may do another batch tonight and save the carpet for Tuesday.

The Silent Assassin believes in life after love.

He also believes that the Tooth Fairy is a con artist maquerading as a professional hit man, so I'm not sure I can give it much merit.

Originally Posted By: Linz

BoA is not very graphics intensive, so you can play it on older machines.

It works on my old PowerMac just fine, and it's eleven years old. It'll play rather slow at times, and quite a few animations and other technical stuff might not work, but it's definitely playable.