Avadon 3 - Zhethron fight

Guillaume

I am playing on Hard difficulty, got a party level 29/30 with a Tinkermage as lead character (missile oriented).

Any recommended companions to fight Zhetron ?

I gave it a short try and have already measured the difficulty of this encounter.... I guess those consumables will be put to good use at last !

Edited by Guillaume

Sorcerer if you have been building up focus magic to absorb elemental attacks to reduce damage and recharge for spells is a great companion here. Blademaster isn't too bad or a Shaman for extra healing.

It's a scripted fight so how you do it is very important to avoid getting over whelmed by the summons. Try to avoid getting too close because of certain area attacks. 

Well, as a matter of fact, I did discuss that a little in this thread.   The big thing for me was

Spoiler

defeating his statues in detail, when they animated.  Also, if I remember, when you want to damage him you have to keep someone up close to him to stop him from healing himself.  Once a statue animated, I stopped attacking him and ran into the hallway to lure the statue out there; he would be healed and I'd have to wear him down again, but at least the statue was gone (Valusa won't follow you, ever, but the statues will).  I did something similar with the second statue when that came up, only I had to get someone out of sight, exit combat to resurrect the party, and then lure the statue out there to its doom.  (And whenever I was out of sight with a statue dead, I exited combat and quicksaved...that fight is a sonofagun and I didn't want to have to redo the statue-killing if I didn't have to.)  It's been a couple of years so I don't remember other details.    

Even with good tactics, I thought he was by far the hardest fight in the game...nothing before or after even came close.   And given that he's a god (and an optional fight) I suppose that's how it should be.

Yeah, I remember lots of people had ways for beating Golath...but sometimes pure cheapness is its own reward.

Edited by Alberich