Blades of Exile and code::blocks

CromagnonCoder

I'm pretty sure I was just building with scons (from the command-line) and using the built-in Fedora/GNOME/whatever text editor to edit the source files. I was disillusioned with Code::Blocks after trying to use it for a personal project. My guess is that most other people who contributed Linux code were doing the same thing.

If you can get it working in Code::Blocks, Eclipse, or any other Linux-friendly IDE, feel free to offer a pull request so that others don't need to redo your work.

For the record, I too prefer using an IDE; I've been using Xcode on Mac and Visual Studio on Windows.

Uhh. What? There should be no places where you need to comment out a Windows include... any file that has an unguarded windows.h include should not be built at all on Linux. (I think all such files also have "win" in the name; naturally you also want to exclude the ones with "mac" in the name. However, if I recall correctly, you do want prefs.win.cpp.)

Yes, the GitHub files vastly differ. The source files from Spiderweb Software won't compile on Linux, unless you're using WINE or something. For the GitHub version, the README explains the libraries used. The original version just used the Mac Toolkit (pre-Carbon!) on Mac and basic WinAPI on Windows, no external libraries as far as I know.