Did anyone tell Jeff...

...that there is this new-fangled invention, called "The Great Mouse Wheel of Eternal Omnipotence" ?

Seriously, though. Ruined World is a game released in 2018. It has lists. That cannot be scrolled through with a mouse wheel. This is not just laughable, it's deplorable. You have to press tiiiiiiiny icons to scroll through. Right-click, as always, does absolutely nothing, like, say, it would have been nice to right-click on an item to use it, instead of hunting (once again, pretty small) use icon. Yes, there are probably some barbaric reprobates who still use the (clearly) unholy Apple (*shudder* maystevejobsfryinhell) hardware for gaming, but if you sell your games on Steam - do adopt some damn standards. 20 years late. Oh, there is FINALLY a toggle for inventory. 10 years late. But not one for journal or spells or status screen. Wonderful. Again you cannot see full character status if you have skill points unspent.

Just to be clear, these things have been asked for, for literally a decade. And it doesnt require that much bloody effort ! I know ! I've done UI for 3 games now. It takes a couple of days to think things through, and a day, TOPS, to implement !

Yes, i know Jeff absolutely hates people who buys his products, i think he calls them "greedy children". What an attitude to have for your customers...but ultimately it doesnt matter what he says, what matters is what he does. And what he does is release this...product.

I've read in several places that Jeff worships Bioware games. I dont believe it. Not one bit. A game like Avernum 3 : Ruined World could ONLY be released by someone who has never played any games other than those of his own making.

I didnt buy Avernum remakes and not planning on it.

6 hours ago, karry said:

Just to be clear, these things have been asked for, for literally a decade. And it doesnt require that much bloody effort ! I know ! I've done UI for 3 games now. It takes a couple of days to think things through, and a day, TOPS, to implement !

A game like Avernum 3 : Ruined World could ONLY be released by someone who has never played any games other than those of his own making.

I'm going to skip past the arguing here (summary: some of your points are reasonable but you sound like a jerk) and just ask: what are the three games you've done UI for?  Also, by "done UI" do you mean you designed it, coded it, created the graphics for it, or all of the above?

Also, I’ve read several interviews with JV and seen his interactions with his customers ... he’s certainly a to-the-point, matter-of-fact kind of guy, but nothing I’ve ever seen suggests that he maltreats or dislikes his fan base.  On the contrary, he makes a point to be very responsive and willing to share advice.  Maybe you’re mistaking his sense of humor?

Edited by Xiarrel-Te

You are being very rude and obnoxious, and I do not believe that is good for you. It is obvious that Jeff Vogel is passionate about both his games and that the people who play them have fun.

Anyway, the only menu I can think of where you would need to scroll very far is the junk bag, and if you just make sure to keep stackable loot in your inventory (I recommend using your lead character for this) instead of placing, say, individual iron bars in the junk bank, it will be less cluttered. Also, the games are for both MacOS, Windows and iOS, two out three which do not support right-clicking.

8 hours ago, Minion said:

MacOS, Windows and iOS, two out three which do not support right-clicking.

That's not entirely accurate. Macs have had a functional right click for about two decades now. The default mouse has only one button, so you have to use a control-click to access it, but if you use a laptop or a third-party mouse, it's easily accessible.

13 hours ago, Kelandon said:

That's not entirely accurate. Macs have had a functional right click for about two decades now. The default mouse has only one button, so you have to use a control-click to access it, but if you use a laptop or a third-party mouse, it's easily accessible.

Correction, Kelandon, Minion's statement is not in any way, shape or form accurate. I've been using Macs since the '80s and non-Apple input devices for just as long. Even I know that the default Apple mice of today allow for a right click on the right half of the single-button mouse. All Apple input devices allow for right clicks. I sometimes use a Mac laptop or Apple Magic Trackpad. I certainly right click on those. Apple's non-trackpad input devices are ridiculous, but there are other options. I have a 20-year-old Logitech Wheel Mouse that is still going strong, so additional cost is not a factor. A third-party mouse will work on a Mac without even making an adjustment to the OS settings.

Edited by Soul of Wit
for clarity

18 hours ago, Soul of Wit said:

Correction, Kelandon, Minion's statement is not in any way, shape or form accurate. I've been using Macs since the '80s and non-Apple input devices for just as long. Even I know that the default Apple mice of today allow for a right click on the right half of the single-button mouse. All Apple input devices allow for right clicks. I sometimes use a Mac laptop or Apple Magic Trackpad. I certainly right click on those. Apple's non-trackpad input devices are ridiculous, but there are other options. I have a 20-year-old Logitech Wheel Mouse that is still going strong, so additional cost is not a factor. A third-party mouse will work on a Mac without even making an adjustment to the OS settings.

Can you perform the equivalent of a right-click on the iPad? My experience of Mac computers is limited to growing up in a Mac household in the 90s, and I haven't touched one since, so my knowledge is severely limited and out of date.

20 hours ago, Minion said:

Can you perform the equivalent of a right-click on the iPad? My experience of Mac computers is limited to growing up in a Mac household in the 90s, and I haven't touched one since, so my knowledge is severely limited and out of date.

Yup. A common standard for mobile interfaces is that you tap for a left-click and hold for a right-click.

• 1 month later...

Hello, i come here with great dissapointment, ive played JV game for 10 year, with 2 years of break and lack of scroll was always one of my biggest complaint. Now i Play A1RftP and still those mouse scroll is not here. Bleeeh 2018, scrolling is part of every SDKs and so on but here not. I was going to buy A3 but seem that ill pass that.

Mr Jeff Pleasse add mouse scrolling, there are so many list: shops, quest inventory that need it .

Thank you.

PS: Seriously its big problem.

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/20/2018 at 12:35 AM, karry said:

Yes, i know Jeff absolutely hates people who buys his products, i think he calls them "greedy children".

Is your mind clear by any chance? I had to go trough all Anama's Temples to purify my eyes after reading this sentence.

Edited by WLDD

• 2 months later...