Highlighting objects in Avadon 3?

Asciiman

I just started up Avadon 3 and I noticed that I can no longer seem to highlight objects.

There used to be a button that highlighted loot on the ground, this was really handy as it made it possible for me to identify objects I could pick up. Now I have nearly no idea. I am constantly wondering if I am leaving loot behind. Was this ability removed from the game? Was the button changed and I just don't know about it?

Similar to the above, in the previous games, I could hit the "attack/use" key("A" button in Avernum: Crystal Souls), and the screen would then display different characters I could talk to. I would follow this up by tapping the corresponding key and my characters would walk over and initiate dialogue. I found this to be a handy device to assist in playing. Was it removed or the button changed to something else?

Anyone have any insight into this?

To get access to items on the ground use the letter "g" for get or "i" for inventory. Out of combat there is a larger area that you can see for items than during combat. This is the same as in Avernum.

To talk to people you need to click on them using the cursor. However some NPCs move around the screen so you may have to chase them down or wait until they reach a point where they stop for a second. This is especially true for patrol leaders and people moving around a large room.

"A" is reserved for abilities in the skill tree in Avadon which Avernum doesn't have.

Yeah, I am aware of those. But I was asking if the other highlighting is still available. It can be hard to determine where things on on the screen after all, the icon's aren't very big and tend to blend into the background.

Go ahead and load up Avernum Crystal Souls, there are these features. I am trying to find if they still exist in Avadon 3. 

You can hold Tab to bring up the names of any nearby NPCs, but I do not believe that there has ever been a Spiderweb game where items on the ground are somehow interactive or can be highlighted. Perhaps you are thinking of some other RPG like Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition where you can click on items on the ground and highlight all interactive objects on the screen by pressing a button (usually Tab, I believe).

Maybe the highlighting is me thinking of Baldur's Gate. But I did load up Avernum: Crystal Souls, and sure enough. If I push the 'a' key it gives me a display as listed above. 

Am I really the only one that played through these games using quick keys? Enter a room, tap 'a' and 'a' again to talk to the nearest npc.