A3:RW - Dragons (Mild spoiler)

The game warns you about possible implications in a dialogue window when you kill each dragon, but as far as I could tell, there are no tangible consequences. You won't lose any reputation, no one seems to know what you did, and you cannot even report the deed to Anaximander yourself.

I was all for butchering and pillaging through most of the game, but stopped at the dragons. One of the best things about Avernum is how big it feels. When you start, majestic and terrifying creatures lurk everywhere, potent artifacts wait to be discovered, and the dungeons are fresh and full of mystery. But then you clear the place out. At times it almost feels like you're the Empire, out to enforce blandness.

Killing the dragons would have taken the last bit of mystery out of the game. I left them alone.

6 hours ago, Tsvetushchiy said:

I was all for butchering and pillaging through most of the game, but stopped at the dragons. One of the best things about Avernum is how big it feels. When you start, majestic and terrifying creatures lurk everywhere, potent artifacts wait to be discovered, and the dungeons are fresh and full of mystery. But then you clear the place out. At times it almost feels like you're the Empire, out to enforce blandness.

Killing the dragons would have taken the last bit of mystery out of the game. I left them alone.

Nicely said.