A3RW - enter/exit Blackcrag Fortress

Well, I'm mystified by all this... I fought my way in the first time, saw a lever in a room but can't find any way to access it.  Pressed two buttons to go around the side path, but after dealing with things in the fortress and coming back this way, I found myself trapped here, with the side access closed off, and no access to the buttons.  The bridge, of course, cannot be used.  Cannot shoot the buttons with a bow.  Does that switch in the closed-off room have anything to do with this trap?

So then I started the whole thing over, and now am trying more determinedly to get to that switch in the inaccessible room, but I don't see *any* way to get there...
What am I missing???

2 hours ago, TriRodent said:

The letter 'u'...

Pushing that will highlight any 'useable' items in a room (such as a hidden switch).  If there's not one where you think there should be one, check other nearby areas.

Wow!!!  You're right, I never knew about that!!!  Thanks...

ITM, using 'u' confirms that there are no controls anywhere around that inaccessible switch in the smugglers' tunnel; Is that room accessible from some other path??

Anyway, I'll going back to the Empress and talk to her again; I don't recall if she previously gave me a key or not.

Later:
That's cool... to get her key, I have to pursue the comment about "the mayor told me to give you this receipt to get a reward" ... I would not normally have broached such a trivial topic with the Empress of the Empire !!!  Unfortunately, it seems like that's the only way to successfully escape from the castle...

Edited by Derell Licht

Speaking of Blackcrag Fortress, I'm assuming the 1 door that needed Tool Use 18 is the one I found there; perhaps there are others elsewhere. Anyway, I was pleasantly surprised to figure out a spot where I could use Move Mountains to enter that room, since I...wait a minute, w/ the Tinker's Gloves I do have TU 18...d'oh! But for those who don't have TU that high, hope this is helpful info.

43 minutes ago, BenS said:

Speaking of Blackcrag Fortress, I'm assuming the 1 door that needed Tool Use 18 is the one I found there; perhaps there are others elsewhere. Anyway, I was pleasantly surprised to figure out a spot where I could use Move Mountains to enter that room, since I...wait a minute, w/ the Tinker's Gloves I do have TU 18...d'oh! But for those who don't have TU that high, hope this is helpful info.

Oh wow, I totally missed that weak wall. Rooms with unusual entrances seem to often have unpickable locks, so I didn't really search for it very hard.

Moreover, Move Mountains obstacles have an unfortunate immunity to the Find Secrets ability (aka spamming the "u" key).

1 hour ago, Randomizer said:

The switch controlling the bridge is only needed the first time and doesn't reset when you leave the zone.

The hidden switch to enter that room is in the room to the south on the north wall.

Prazac's key is in Special Items.

I'm not entirely sure whether we're talking about the same bridge??  When I left Blackcrag, both times, I backtracked back to where the bridge-that-cannot-be-walked-on was, and in both cases the walls giving access to the bypass passage had closed again, and Move Mountains 3 did not open them... without Prazac's key to the portal, I could not leave.  I tried 'u' in every room between the bridge and the walkway up into the castle, and found no hidden passages anywhere... ???