Maximum Reputation

My human-only (if that ever has any effect) party, which avoided all reputation decreases, finished the game at 71 reputation. I may have missed some obscure reputation-increasing events, however, so I can't say for certain that it is the maximum value.

There seems to be only two reputation-decreasing quests, Steal Book for Ivanova and Dispose of Marish Brigands, which each decrease your reputation by 1. There are, in addition, a number of reputation-decreasing events that don't count as quests.

I went to check and see what I had missed, and there was indeed one 2-reputation quest in Randomizer's list that I had failed to pick up.

As I went through the list, I also remembered that one guy in Shayder (Grunders) who was complaining about his lost ring. His quest, which is for the Anama (or Anama impersonators) only, gives an additional point of reputation, bringing the apparent maximum up to 74.

2 hours ago, Sade said:

I went to check and see what I had missed, and there was indeed one 2-reputation quest in Randomizer's list that I had failed to pick up.

As I went through the list, I also remembered that one guy in Shayder (Grunders) who was complaining about his lost ring. His quest, which is for the Anama (or Anama impersonators) only, gives an additional point of reputation, bringing the apparent maximum up to 74.

...well, damn. Add that to MY list of 'stuff I was supposed to do after getting the Fake Anama Rings but BEFORE getting rid of them and robbing their Vault, but forgot about'. :p

1 hour ago, BenS said:

Besides nebulous bragging rights, what benefit is it to get your Rep into the low 70's?

Nebulous bragging rights. I don't even think there is any benefit to getting it past about 40-50 in most games, if not lower. I'm just a completionist, and hardcore min-maxer. 

Edited by Superteeth

3 hours ago, Randomizer said:

Joining the Church of Divine Lucre has another hidden advantage:

Reveal hidden contents

When you now meet the Anama missionaries, they will attack instead of giving their philosophy.

Sure, but you can get THAT advantage by fake-joining the Anama and then robbing their Vault too... :p 's probably cheaper, and certainly more profitable!