Vahnatai blame not propagating.

So, I have defeated the golems and found the crystal evidence for Berra, had the conversation with Anaximander, been to Girkra, gone through the transporter and listened to the shade, fought Vahnatai, followed them eastwards and listened to Rentar Ihrno on the pedestals. Yet Erika won't discuss the Vahnatai with me and Ostoth only lets me ask about a weapon for giants or dragons.

When opening the tunnels beneath the Giants and Troglos in previous versions there were crystals to collect there too in older versions. I've been back more than once and nothing.

I only have the alien beasts and the Citadel etc to do leading on to Vahnatai. I like to get Demonslayer from Rentar's rooms before Linda goes rogue again before leaving Rentar for the very end. Do I have to fight Rentar to get evidence to get a weapon to fight Rentar with? I have the warpmetal blade, I have the Radiant Soulblade from Carmine. Do we get an anti crystal soul blade (the one in the golem factory was very tough) or not?

Honestly, I figured once you reached that dungeon, you'd just win the game.

Yes, it'd make more sense if you could walk all the way out from there and talk about whats going on, but it's probably not something I'll go back into the game since almost nobody would see it. Avernum 3 has been like this since 1997 and this is the first question I've ever gotten about this. :-)

I'll jump in here since I did get all the way to the final battle with Rentar, then backed out to thoroughly explore Valorim (as opposed to just focusing on the mainline quests).

I didn't open the Bunker until I started exploring, and I did get the option to get a Vahnatai item - a "thought crystal".  Would have been interesting to have had this for the golem factory, but I can't remember if the Vahnatai had been identified as the culprits before that point, or whatever other condition is needed to get this from Ostoth.  There's also the crystal souls in Tinraya so maybe it would have been useful there too.  Something to check on during another replay sometime.

When I visit Erika now, the dialog branch about suspects now involves the Vahnatai.  I'd guess it was available earlier too.  Doesn't lead to much though.

I'm having the same issue... I don't have the option of choosing the vahnati to blame when speaking to either  Erika or Ostoth. I have completed the Troglos/Giants line of quests as well as the Golems line of quests. Both Anaxamander and Erika say to me that it's the Vahnati, but I can't say that to Erika or Ostoth. Am I missing something?

• 2 weeks later...

I have a similar problem only a layer deeper. I have selected the vahnatai and spoken with everyone else, they all agree but the princess doesn't acknowledge it, have the weapon and no movement forward, and Erika agrees. Seemingly we have all missed a major point somewhere that allows movement forward. Those in The Tower don't say anything either.

Edited by ZorroDragonslayer