Uranium Bar

• 1 month later...

I have 9 uranium bars stashed in a drawer in the House on the Hill, and 1 more I've been carrying around in the junk bag.  Been intending to get all 10 together to see what happens, but finished the game before I could try.  Anyone know if there are more to be found?  And for another thing, what are the hexagonal bars all about?  

Thanks,

Dan

It would have been funny if uranium bars were included in the list of random items to collect in the job board quests. Though considering their value it would probably be more profitable to sell them.

"Deliver an item:

You must find one uranium bar and deliver it to Ahonar at the Anama temple within 20 days. Pay is 150 gold."

I suppose lugging radioactive metals back to town and selling them was more of a challenge back when you (a) had to bring them to a sage and identify them before you actually knew what it was and (b) had to carry them in your actual inventory and couldn't avoid the radiation sickness.

4 hours ago, jlsgaladriel said:

Nope!  I lugged one (or several?) around for too long in the Bag of Infinite Junk, and eventually started getting sick.  

Are you sure about that? I'm pretty certain that placing any of the items that occasionally trigger effects (uranium bars, Pyrrhic Gauntlets, some Xian items) into the junk bag prevents their effects from occurring.

Besides, the effects always target whomever is carrying the respective item(s). The junk bag (and the items within) are held by no character in particular, so if you put, say, a uranium bar in there, its effect should have no valid target.

14 hours ago, Sade said:

Besides, the effects always target whomever is carrying the respective item(s). The junk bag (and the items within) are held by no character in particular, so if you put, say, a uranium bar in there, its effect should have no valid target.

It's triggering on my third character, who is not carrying uranium.  I *believe* I've command-clicked every uranium bar directly into junk holding, and so no character should have touched the stuff.  But that third character *is* the carrier of crafting materials including fine steel, so if I had passed a shiny bar through a character's inventory, it would have been that character's.  Would a pass-through have triggered ongoing radiation sickness?

edit: OH, I am not firing on all cylinders today.  PYRRHIC gauntlets.  Tingly, warm, named for a ruinous victory by the king of a country noone has heard of, because it's long since ceased to exist.  *cough.*  Yeah, it was the gauntlets.  ::looks embarrassed::

Edited by jlsgaladriel
aha moment