The troglo/giant barrier

You absolutely need to move a mirror by the south wall to the right and then up until the beam hits a round crystal type object to power the portal. All the other mirrors in that area just open gates or provide access to loot.

The area resets if you leave the Concealed Tunnel and reenter. So save outside and keep trying until you get it right.

Is it possible to finish/win the game without doing this puzzle?  Your hints make no sense when I look at the puzzle, and the ones in the hintbook are even worse.  I didn't expect A3 to be such a puzzle-focused game.  In my opinion, winning the game shouldn't hinge on one or two obscure and vague puzzles.

Okay, minor gripe here.

I followed the instructions of the Troglo leader, killed Elhioc, snuck out, went and reported my victory, went to Lorelei.  In Lorelei, Bruskrud sent me to Grindstone to free prisoners and find soldiers' possessions.  So far, so good.

I found my way to the Giant leader Domaroth and all he said is that it's too late for talk and now I have to pay the blood debt.  

What am I missing, I thought?  Reading the forum / help leds me to see there's a concealed tunnel, but I didn't have the map to find it (until after I kill Domaroth, so too late to negotiate with him), and trying to complete the quests for Bruskrud was just turning the Giants against me.  I lost about six hours of playtime by resetting my game to a save file from before I ventured off toward the Giants' castle, so it wouldn't be "too late" anymore, and on my second go I still couldn't figure out how to advance the Troglo/Giant Barrier Quest.  I just wound up having to fight Domaroth.  The gist of the quest and the dialogue with Domaroth led me to feel like there would be a discussion with the Giants like there was with the Troglos, and I wasted a good few frustrating hours on that.

Edited by Rhinestone Jedi
figured it out

2 hours ago, Rhinestone Jedi said:

Okay, minor gripe here.

I followed the instructions of the Troglo leader, killed Elhioc, snuck out, went and reported my victory, went to Lorelei.  In Lorelei, Bruskrud sent me to Grindstone to free prisoners and find soldiers' possessions.  So far, so good.

I found my way to the Giant leader Domaroth and all he said is that it's too late for talk and now I have to pay the blood debt.  

What am I missing, I thought?  Reading the forum / help leds me to see there's a concealed tunnel, but I didn't have the map to find it (until after I kill Domaroth, so too late to negotiate with him), and trying to complete the quests for Bruskrud was just turning the Giants against me.  I lost about six hours of playtime by resetting my game to a save file from before I ventured off toward the Giants' castle, so it wouldn't be "too late" anymore, and on my second go I still couldn't figure out how to advance the Troglo/Giant Barrier Quest.  I just wound up having to fight Domaroth.  The gist of the quest and the dialogue with Domaroth led me to feel like there would be a discussion with the Giants like there was with the Troglos, and I wasted a good few frustrating hours on that.

There's a book in the giant's treasure room which show the location to deactive the barrier which i only find out after completed the golem plague thank to randomizer's list ...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 years later...
  • 3 months later...

I eventually got through all the mirrors and puzzles, although initially annoyed at many points. It was satisfying to finally get them right. I think it's rather charming that tricky puzzles do exist. And it's a good thing there's hint books, I probably got through a few of the puzzling things mainly just by luck and with the time to try out different possibilities.

Edited by Losrandir