[A3] Are you supposed to be able to... in the Slime Pit?

Spoiler

Get to the Alien Slime before you get rid of all of the Slime Factories? In the earlier games, you had to get rid of all five of the factories first. The magical barriers went down after I did my third and I could fight the Alien Slime. 

The order I did them in was: Northeast, Center-northeast, Center. At the center one the barriers went down but there was (IIRC) no notice that it'd happened or that anything had changed.

I forgot, in my foolishness, to check whether you have to get rid of all of the factories, say, to kill the Alien Slime. Whoops.

Maybe it's supposed to be this way but I missed my chance to check since I accidentally saved over the moment it happened. :blush:

Actually, you can just walk past the chamber with the Alien Slime and reach the other spawners without having to run their respective gauntlets (and you can do the gauntlets in reverse order and get the drop on your foes). The Alien Slime only reacts if you approach it directly, specifically if you move past the first set of columns or piles of skulls (can't remember which came first).

Edited by Minion