Escape from the pit combat bugs? iOS

Ran into 2 problems today.  

First - I could not attack a charmed bat.  The game wouldn’t give me the “friendly” prompt to confirm the attack. I had to cycle through the combat order multiple times until it went hostile again.

Second - monsters appeared off grid.  Meaning they could not be selected for any attack other than AOE.  If I tried to select them my character would try to move.  Visually the creatures were straddling the grid lines.  This has only happened once in a trivial outdoor event but it would be quite serious in a difficult battle.

This is all iOS and I’m maybe 50 hours in.  Any ideas at least on the first issue?

First - That happens in all versions where a charmed monster is now considered on your side and normally can't be attacked by you and should be attacked by the other hostile monsters.  If done correctly with a monster between you and the other monsters it will act as a shield so you can avoid getting attacked.

Second - I haven't played on a tablet, but there should be a way to move the screen without moving a character.  Read the game manual to see how to do it.

It’s not about moving the screen.  I probably didn’t describe it well.  Creatures are appearing on the battle grid misaligned to the grid.  It just happened again.  When they are misaligned they cannot be selected for an attack and the event registers as a move instead of an attack.  This only seems to happen in outdoor battles as the grid and battle scenario spawns.  This time it was a tough battle and I had to reload.

That problem usually happens when the the enemy is standing on uneven ground (like the side-slope of a hill). It's because the square isn't properly selected by your finger or stylus. I'm not sure there is anything Jeff can do about it.

I have had one character miss hitting the grid, and therefore waste a turn (or wind up on a square that put him in harms way), but the next fighter attacked the enemy properly. I suspect it's something you will just have to live with. 

If it's any consolation, most of the important battles are indoors where the ground is level. It's never been a significant problem for me - even if it is annoying. You can also try running away from any slopes before starting combat if possible.

Thanks good to know I'm not crazy.  The battle that has become a problem is near a dragon statue that has gems to pick.  As you exit you are confronted with a generated scenario - an ambush so placement isn't an option.  And the battle is hilariously one sided so any wasted turns are devastating.  That said I don't think this is an "important" battle just a fun mini-encounter / trap so I just reloaded and walked away.  Maybe I'll come back in 5 levels to AOE the whole crowd.  The uneven terrain thing makes sense.  I don't think Jeff will be bending the battle grid with this engine.  Guess I'll live with it!