A4 Difficulty borked on Mac?

Muscleguy

I've been mucking about with A4 on both this laptop running Mac Sierra and also on the iMac running 10.7.5 (I copied the save file over for direct comparison) and I think Difficulty is borked, it no longer works. Doesn't seem to matter whether I'm playing Torment or Casual.

I started playing Hard and found it too easy so went to Torment and there was no difference, enemies were just as easy to kill and just as ineffective in dealing me damage.

Has anyone else noticed this? Is there anything I can do? Running v1.1.2 on both machines. That it runs on both machines with radically different OS's a testament though so this is only a minor query, not a big complaint.

I've forgotten where the Shareware Monster resided. I'm already south of Formello and the comment still stands wrt chitrachs in the lower tunnels. I also remember the slimes in the tunnels south of Draco were much harder in previous plays through. I recall multiple raids resulting in surviving members having to find their way back to safety and recovery. There was none of that, I breezed right through it, killing mamma slime with ridiculous ease.

Also in the tunnels under the Eastern Gallery I came up the stair where you get surrounded by chitrachs and again I breezed it despite it being supposedly Torment. I definitely remember doing that in the past and getting creamed. My party is pretty standard for me, they both have two Traits so have not been levelling excessively and I have not boosted them with the character editor.

Usually the chitrachs are so hard the temptation to use the Editor to up Hardiness and Endurance by cheating is very hard to resist.