Grah-Hoth minions didn't vanish

In which case it is pretty self defeating to do that in response then. I just had to type ouchouchouch and imdrained a lot. I got all the experience points of killing them too, one of my people went up a level. I honestly don't remember what I did in this game. Certainly a lot less than in other games. His minions always disappeared before. And you get no warning that this sort of thing might happen when you use them, or the editor. Which would make it pretty sneaky and underhand. As the revamped Avernum 3 nears release I may have to reconsider my attitude to Spiderweb games if this is the reason.

Hello Muscleguy,

I'm not sure that Grah-Hoth's summons are actually supposed to disappear. They don't disappear on my version of the game, nor in the footage of a quick check of online videos of other players. I had a look, and there's nothing in the game's scripts for the fight that would remove summons after Grah-Hoth is defeated. Could your be misremembering previous playthroughs? As far as I can tell, the summons are supposed to stay around.

The little bit of misleading text in the dialogue box you mention is:

"You look around. The tiny, foul creatures gibbering in the corner have fled. The passages are quiet. Grah-Hoth's demons are gone. You are victorious. Now all you need to do is get out of here alive."

I think this is flavour text, rather than actually talking about the gameplay. I've always interpreted the comment about the tiny creatures as referring to little imps that are watching the fight from the shadows. These then run off when Grah-Hoth is defeated, presumably to gain their freedom! The summons are, after all, massive, imposing and powerful undead creatures – 'tiny' and 'foul' doesn't really seem to be describing them, at least to me!

12 hours ago, Muscleguy said:

Which would make it pretty sneaky and underhand.

Also, I wouldn't worry about something like this. Jeff is a very conscientious designer, and I don't think he would ever put anything into a game to deliberately undermine any one way of playing it – including using cheat codes. He wants people to play his games however they want to!