Avernum 3 wish-list.

1. Inventory management: Show me the names of my items; don't make me hover over each scroll, potion, crystal, etc., to find what I am looking for.
  2. Inventory management: Give me a key-combination to drop items from my junk-bag onto the ground. Alternatively, when I "sell all items in junk-bag", delete the actual junk items that have no value.
  3. Characters: Show me the levels of my spells within the icon; indicate to which level the perks apply.
  4. Notes: Let me add my own notes, possibly even attach a note to a quest or saved-dialogue.
  5. Let me search for key-words within my quests, saved-dialogues, notes.
  6. More quick-slots for spells.
  7. Indicate the strength of a pierce-crystal, rock-breaker, etc. Also, the text on a piercing-crystal (A2) implies (to me) that there is some randomness in whether the crystal will be effective. I believe the wording used is "... a chance...".

I saw on the trailer for A3 that pathing is more-clearly indicated when in battle: thank-you.

I've played all the Exile/Avernum games. I enjoy the story, I enjoy the writing, I enjoy the tactical-aspect of combat. The interface sucks.

I want the knowledge brew to not be something you can do forever, I have no idea how it needs to be updated, grants two, can only use so many brews per character, per game?

Make it so trainers can't take you past the cap, this min maxing style bothers me, or at least make the trainer for those two points MEGA expensive.

Make the hit chance cap 95% again.

Crossbows and maces should exist again, and ignore defense to a degree, just slap xbows in bow skill and maces in melee.

Please.....make the golem tower not the laser infested one...

Jeff kept the to hit cap and auto miss in from the Avernum 2: Crystal Souls.

Not really any changes to the game mechanics. Spells and items got changed but he almost always does that.

If you want Jeff to see the wish list, then email him since I doubt he's going to look here. :)

Actually Kennedy, you gave me another idea.

If the passage of time affects to overworld, why not upper exile too? Why can't New Formello eventually get finished? Maybe the trigger being a month after the murders? Their deaths motivate the sliths or something. Maybe even start up a new town, new Mertis or something, across the bridge to the east of New Formello?

• 3 weeks later...

Maybe the worst thing was, they gave you 3,000 gold at the ending cutscene. But there was no way to use it since the game ended after that. And as if 3,000 was big amount anyway. How much did the house in Lorelei cost? 10,000? It'd have been pocket change at that point. So, yeah. I hope that Jeff comes up with something more epic as an RP-reward for the heroes than some cheesy gold. :p

Hahah, that's fair, too. I mean, you're surrounded by the Empire and alien beasts and Aescal knows what. :) But giving pocket money like that afterwards? I just personally think it's like teasing. Either don't give anything but a warm palm or give half the Empire's coffers for saving their collective hides. :p 

• 1 month later...