Sadly, there are so many games being released nowadays that people making a lot of good fanmade content for a game isn't as common as it used to be anymore, simply because there's always 100 more games to go play. The bigger ones, like Skyrim, still get a community, but something like Baldur's Gate modding or an indie game with hundreds of custom scenarios like Blades of Exile probably wouldn't happen anymore. :(

It sucks that BOA doesnt get a big community since that's moddable as well. :(

Someone even made an avernum inspired mod that added a slitherkai to Winterhold.

But anyways yeah, i'd like to know the level cap of BOA remix "if" we get one. Hope it's like at least 100 or something cause mods.

Edited by TJ Hedgescout

Jeff has said pretty emphatically that there will not be another Blades game. BoA took much longer than expected and didn't sell well, and I think there was a serious risk that Spiderweb would go under because of that. So I think he was pretty burned by the experience and wants nothing to do with it again.

At least, that's my recollection from the last time he talked about it, which was years ago.

That's what I remember from a decade ago too, yeah. It's kind of a symptom of what I said: BoA came out when moddable games were starting to lose their luster because there were so many more games to play and modding was getting more and more complex, so modding communities weren't forming except for around the biggest games.

3 hours ago, TJ Hedgescout said:

But anyways yeah, i'd like to know the level cap of BOA remix "if" we get one. Hope it's like at least 100 or something cause mods.

The original BoA didn't have a real level cap (though it was actually capped at 121 or 126 or due to mechanics) and was kind of broken for it, with the game starting to think characters at level 80+ were the result of save corruption. You only really noticed that if you played Exodus or made a god party, though, because there were far fewer scenarios for Blades of Avernum than Blades of Exile and even fewer that really got into the extremely high levels.

I don't see any reason to think Jeff would suddenly make another Blades of Avernum, but given how Blades of Exile's mechanics were very close to Exile 3 and Blades of Avernum's mechanics were very close to Avernum 3, I would assume that a hypothetical one would have mechanics very close to Avernum: Ruined World, and thus be capped at level 65. I think that'd be fine, though. Blades of Exile's level cap was 50, and high-level scenarios were still really interesting in that.

2 hours ago, Kelandon said:

Jeff has said pretty emphatically that there will not be another Blades game. BoA took much longer than expected and didn't sell well, and I think there was a serious risk that Spiderweb would go under because of that. So I think he was pretty burned by the experience and wants nothing to do with it again.

At least, that's my recollection from the last time he talked about it, which was years ago.

I see, why did people rumor of a remake for it?

Your "walkthrough" was technically wrong, but it's hard to reach level 35+, and even if you do, you won't get more than one level of skill points that way without some seriously ugly, ridiculous grinding.  For all intents and purposes, you have skill points up to level 30.

2 minutes ago, TJ Hedgescout said:

I don't mind grinding, who said rewards had to come easy? I wish to earn my rewards.

You won't say that after a few hours of circling the map to gather herb ingredients to make wisdom crystals or knowledge brews to level up.  Besides you don't really need to do it to win the game.