Remember Lost Souls?

tbg10101

Remember Lost Souls? I do. So I re-made it. 

Mac: https://s3.amazonaws.com/com.10101software/builds/Forgotten+Souls/Mac/Forgotten+Souls.zip

Windows: https://s3.amazonaws.com/com.10101software/builds/Forgotten+Souls/Win/Forgotten+Souls.zip

(it's free)

There is no AI so it is only a local PvP (up to 4 players). It also only includes one map: 

KqGmZtx.png

(remember this one?)

However, it does include a map editor so you can make your own. If people make some cool maps I'll try to add them to the game so everyone can enjoy them. 

Tell me what you think and report any bugs you find. 

Thanks,

-Tristan

• 1 month later...

Yes in my waking dream's the clawing of distant places into my brain as a vessel to there most forceful needs for communicay. Those lost souls that no soul has in there minds or realize's exist... The reaching from dimensions not yet known by science. Like the feeling of mis-understood electron's through my arm from the mis-wire'd switch in my hand.

Wait, this is a game?! please dis regard that pitiful text up there.

• 3 years later...

Tristan ... I LOVED Richard White's Lost Souls (played on Mac OS 9 and I'm really happy you've done this. However, upon downloading and opening the zip it says I do not have permission to open it ... that I have to get permission from my administrator (which is me). After opening the Get Info and seeing I already have such permissions, it still won't open. Any suggestions?

Ken / Florida

1 hour ago, KGP11 said:

Tristan ... I LOVED Richard White's Lost Souls (played on Mac OS 9 and I'm really happy you've done this. However, upon downloading and opening the zip it says I do not have permission to open it ... that I have to get permission from my administrator (which is me). After opening the Get Info and seeing I already have such permissions, it still won't open. Any suggestions?

Ken / Florida

Try rebooting your computer. I've had permission problem on text files that cleared up when I turned my Apple computer the I turned it off an d on again.

Hello KGP11,

Can I just clarify the problem you’re experiencing? Are you having trouble opening the .zip file, or is it that you can’t run the ‘Forgotten Souls’ program itself? I’m just asking because there might be slightly different reasons for the .zip or the program to be causing you some issues.

Could I also check whether you’re running this on a Mac, or on Windows, and which version of the operating system you're using? Different operating systems can behave in slightly different ways when it comes to things like permissions, even between different versions. Knowing exactly which version you’re using might help us to hone in on the cause of your problem!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey KGP11!

Sorry I didn’t see this earlier. The thread was a few years old and I didn’t expect anyone to look at this again.

The reason this is failing is because some things have changed in MacOS since I made this.

I just downloaded and tried to open it on my Mac so I can get you some steps on how to run it until I can update it.

First, you need to give yourself permission to execute the program. To do this, open up the Terminal and copy/paste this line in:

chmod +x ~/Downloads/Forgotten\ Souls.app/Contents/MacOS/Forgotten\ Souls

Then press enter.

Now if you try to open it MacOS will complain that it isn’t signed. This is because I’m lazy and did not sign the app. You can get around this by right-clicking on the app and selecting ‘Open’. This should add an option to open the app anyways.

Then it should be ok to play.

Let me know if you need more info!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

New builds ready to test!

The macOS version still isn't signed but you can get around that like I said above.

Also:

• UI facelift.
  • Fixed an issue where a newly placed piece would look like it has moves available.
  • Fixed a spelling issue.
  • Tweaked victory conditions.
  • Added a rules page.
  • Added indicators to show where a piece will move or attack.
  • New map!

Note that previously created maps and saves are not compatible with this version, sorry.

Please let me know if you have any issues.

Edited by tbg10101

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...