Scenario Editorn

keeper off

Hi

I was woundring if anyone, could make it so you can have more terrain types. Default you can only have 241 diffrentin in one scenarion. Is it possible to chance it so that you can have more?

( with more wall sets ect...)

And add all kinds of graphics into the "Blades of Exile graphics" (Terrain, dialog, monsters, items, as much as it's able 2)

And one more thing, making so that you can have Vahnatais in your party ...

If you do so, e-mail me at: sulfras@hotmail.com

(let me know)

Anyone can add graphics into their scenario. Read up on the documentation to learn how.

Increasing the number of terrains would be something to put onto the OBoE suggestion list. I'm not sure if it can be done.

As for having a Vahnatai in your party, there is a way to change the default graphics so you can look like one.

Copy the file pcs.bmp into a different folder or put it on the desktop. You should find it in the 'blscened' folder. Open it with paint or something similar and overlay the graphics you want on the graphics you don't want. Put the original pcs.bmp into a folder labeled 'original pcs' or something like that and then put the edited pcs.bmp in it's place.

It's easy enough for your own playing but if you want it to be story neccessary for your own scenario, that's a whole 'nother can of worms.

Edit: Sorry ossifer, I usually just abbreviate it with Vahn. I did notice his was wrong and made a point of not copying it, tho. Think you can let me off with a warning?

keeper off, you realize that it says at the bottom of your post that you edited it three days after the fact, right? "Vahnatai" is both singular and plural, by the way.

Normally I wouldn't be making fun of you for that, but I think you asked for it when you tried to tell us it was spelled right all along when it was obvious that it wasn't. :p

EDIT: Changed "you didn't" to "it wasn't".

Drizzt\'s BoE site has a good resource for those who are just starting out. Click on the basics and then on custom graphics. It should explain thigs well enough.

If you are still having trouble, ask specific questions for your immediate problem. Your last one was good (and answered quickly by *i you might note).

Good luck with your designing.

• 1 month later...
Quote:
Originally written by Jewel:

As for having a Vahnatai in your party, there is a way to change the default graphics so you can look like one.

Copy the file pcs.bmp into a different folder or put it on the desktop. You should find it in the 'blscened' folder. Open it with paint or something similar and overlay the graphics you want on the graphics you don't want. Put the original pcs.bmp into a folder labeled 'original pcs' or something like that and then put the edited pcs.bmp in it's place.
Keeper off: on the Mac, you'll need a resource editor such as Rezilla (ResEdit if you still use Classic smile ). I'll assume you're using Rezilla, although the process is probably the same for any other resource editor.

1. From within Rezilla, open the file "Blades of Exile Graphics" (in the scenario editor folder). Make sure that you select the "resource fork" option at the bottom of the open dialog.
  2. Double-click on PICT (or click the little triangle).
  3. Find resource ID 902. Select it and copy.
  4. Paste into your favourite paint program, edit as Jewel said. Make sure it is in the upper left corner of the document (ideally the document should be the exact same size).
  5. Copy the edited sheet and return to Rezilla.
  6. Open resource 902 and paste in the new sheet. You're done!

You should probably back up the file before doing this!