River and Leaf Help

Robsta

As a newish member of BoE, I'm playing through some of the scenarios. In River and Leaf, I've run up against a wall that I can't seem to pass, and the walkthrough on TrueSite for Blades doesn't seem to be working.

In Ingusi Lv2, there is a conversation with a barrier in front of the door, and you’re told to find a good place to listen. I’ve searched the entire area, and the only thing I’ve found is a bookshelf with a password I don’t know. What do I do?

There is a sign with a few words, one of them is the password.

As for the Walkthrough, I have had no luck there either. Maybe you need to be registered with Game FAQ? From what I can see, the search engine seems to cater for individual games, not scenarios. You could always email them if you can find the address.

River and Leaf is tricky, when I ported this scenario to the Blades of Avernum world I added a lot more clues for the player. I guess that it was hurriedly written to meet a contest deadline, hence a lot of the many puzzles are not well explained.

Sweon: you can't alert the guards. So simple. What you can do is look for a town that is suddenly visible, to the SE of Sweon.

At some point after this town you will hit the next two hassles.

You will find a door that requires a password to open. On the same level, you will chase somebody around, he will say "w**", you must say "uu**" or "vv**" to the door. (Here ** stands for two letters.)

Then later on, the game will appear to hit another dead end, you must get a log translated in one town, then go to a certain town.

The Realms of Mist has one riddle which has no clue that I can perceive. You are confronted with a hidden encounter ceasing to be hidden, then you are asked for a reply. (Maybe I missed something?)

That idea of an illusory url is a good one, Nioca, I will use it here.

Answer: Move your mouse over this link: url and look at the url that appears in the status bar to see the answer.