I really, really wish...

eaintree

...that Jeff would have incorporated your character's class into the dialogue this time.

"I'm Nathalie. I'm a sorceror. That means I can rain death on our enemies from afar... but you're a sorceror too, so you know how this works. Let's talk shop!"

But, no. Whatever "you" are, same as previously, the other characters have no idea.

It's really a pretty big gap in storytelling. Always keeps me from getting as engaged in the game as I might have.

Also, while it's nice to see Khalida and Nathalie again, putting them in the party makes no sense. Even if you hadn't played the previous two games, they both tell you about their years of experience and combat prowess. They wouldn't begin as level 1 characters.

True it doesn't make sense that the two returning Hands have lost all their skills and would have made more sense to appear later in the game when the party is at a higher level. But they are there for certain view points later in the game with their Hand quests. Nathalie gets to be very funny in the end screen if you let her get her way.

Jeff has included some of his best writing in this game. You may miss some depending upon your dialogue choices. Earliest example is asking Nicodemus about scarabs before enchantments. That additional paragraph. :)

Jeff has included some of his best writing in this game. You may miss some depending upon your dialogue choices. Earliest example is asking Nicodemus about scarabs before enchantments. That additional paragraph. :)

Can you put together a "Guide to funny but easily missed dialogue?" I would be o-so-very-grateful.