Are Eyebeasts supposed to be such killers?...

...Or am I missing something?

Now my party is at level 31, now I became strong enough to defeat a ton of monsters! (Just killed Lagran! Yay!)

But, it seems that those Eyebeasts are OP as all hell, since they can even hit my 40 Dex Archer!

What's going on?

Did I just reached a wall in which I can't pass? I can try and grind more levels, but it's going to be ungodly hard, with the little amount of exp I'll get from monsters around :(

Thank you for reading! :)

Edit: The Golems on Athron's Lair are also a big issue... 6 Golems... 95% hit chance on everybody except Archer...

Woah! That's going to be tough!

It sounds like you are running a strategy based on evasion. (You keep talking about enemies having the max hit rate as if it's unusual, and really, that's normal.) For better or for worse, evasion is a particularly unsuitable strategy for Torment, since enemy hit rate scales directly with enemy stats, which are higher on Torment; you just can't keep up enough to have a good dodge rate. And it's really going to leave you holding the bag when you face high level enemies with strong attacks... yep, like eyebeasts.

Eyebeasts are strong, but I don't think there are any strategies or tactics that are uniquely necessary against them. (And it's definitely possible to have them be not such a big deal, at level 31.) There are a lot of good defenses you can put up -- Hardiness, Resistance, good armor, good buffs, including Ward of Elements. Assuming you're not on the world map, buff before the fight begins, and use terrain to your advantage and pick them off one at a time if possible. Also, of course, the better and faster your offense, the fewer of their attacks you'll have to deal with.

Well, my strategy kind of falls in a "Blitzkrieg" type... Making as much damage as possible, but I require the third level of Haste to even be able to do anything worthwhile...

In the Ruined Bandit Fort there are 2 of those hellspawns, and I really need them to at least survive a couple of hits from them... (Maybe I should purchase the Ward of Elements to at least level 2).

I have several strategies that I can try to pull off on them, but I need a good amount of time, hehe.

Oh no, they don't! But a second blow or something kills them right away, hehe...

My entire team!

Strange that Energy resistances don't appear at all!

Edit: Encountered the Spire Champions... Yeah... That's what I call Blitzkrieg, which I have none, since everybody has like 70% resist in everything xD

Magic resistance = Energy resistance, it's just been called different things in different SW games.

You don't have a bad build, but Torment really demands a careful, dedicated build, much more than Normal and Hard do. Your armor and resistances seem pretty low for that point in the game, especially on your physical characters. (I guess the mages got the Resistance skill.) Moving some points from Riposte and Sniper (which are not that great) into Hardiness might make your life easier.

Anyway, to answer the question you posed in the title: "Yes, Torment is supposed to be such a killer."

Eyebeasts are supposed to be the top tier monster types especially when Jeff adds special resistance bonuses to a damage type. Part of fighting them is watching what type of damage has the highest penetration percentage.

But Slarty is right that for torment in order to survive you need to have much higher armor and resistances for when you can't kill monsters fast enough. There's nothing more frustrating than watching them heal most of that damage.

There is also an option to circle the game map gathering herb ingredients for skill potions until you get enough points to level up enough. Then you gain health and can get the skill points for skills that you have neglected.

It's an incredibly boring option and takes over an hour of real life per level for four characters.

I am aware, but I need as much survivability as possible, even I could try and acquire skills via trainers with the gold I have!

I even managed to get a spot to get some cash, which is kind of slow, but it pays off nicely!

Just killed the Giant Overseer Kyass told me about, and I keep most of my enchanted equipment safe for other uses later, perhaps they need an use now?

I can reach an almost 70% armor with Ward of Steel, which is nice for me!

At the point in the game where you are, you should be able to get close to 90%. An all-out offensive build is risky on Torment because some enemies just have too many HP to rely on killing them quickly, and frankly some of the higher-end offensive skills just aren't that good.

Looking at your build, it also seems that you haven't been taking advantage of the skill trainers who can raise your skills in exchange for money. These are good for two extra skill points in a wide range of skills, so it's important to find them and use them. As long as you take the Negotiator trait on everyone and sell items that you don't need, the game practically throws money at you, so affording training shouldn't be an issue.

Really? 90%? :(

Did I messed up, then?

As of now, I was waiting until I could max out the skills I was training... Heard you can get extra points beyond max, to get even more of the benefits from them!

*Sigh* I know is risky, but it would take an eternity to get "chip" damage on some boss, while my party tries to survive a lucky critical :(

I went beyond the Cavern of the Giants to take the boat, and... Damn... Most of the stuff beyond that is kicking me really hard, haha.

Dunno how the others made it out as well, but maybe... I might require level ups... Maybe?

Level ups will not help you at this point. You've already received the vast majority of skill points (and traits and stat points) the game has to offer you.

You either need to step up your party (by reconfiguring some skill points, traits, etc., and perhaps looking for opportunities to improve your combat strategies), or lower the difficulty. It's called "Torment" for a reason :D While there's isn't just one party build that can function on Torment, there are common threads that simply can't be ignored.

character editor, you can add or reduce attributes (strength etc), skills (melee and magic) and traits. its bit cheating but if you reduce same amount of points as you add then its re-training of party (in Avadons player was able to reset all chars but I don't think its possible in Avernums).

got any spellcasters in party (pref. mages) and why all humanparty?

most eyebeasts are vulnerable to fire so fireblast (mage spell, lvl 2 or 3) or divine fire (priest spell/prayer, lvl 2 or 3) is nice to have, finding weakness for certain eyebeasts is trial and error.