Avadon 2 Tinkermage Main statistic

Parakeet

I know it's IQ for sorcerer/esses & Shamans. It's Dex for archer & Strength for sword/spear whacking warriors. I'm not really into the theivish world, so I never paid much attention to that. (Bad me?) What is the proper Main Statistic (IQ, Dex, Strength, Endurance) for a Tinkermage???

Dimly yours in need of info & some sleep,

Keet

It depends upon your main offense.

Scarabs depend upon dexterity and they are then great for range attacks and increased defense.

However some players have found that you can do well with strength and a melee version.

For a solo challenge game, use dexterity with some endurance every third or fourth level. :)

A Str-based melee tinkermage is really, really good at disarming mines and things like that, since they get a massive melee damage multiplier against them. They can stand up pretty well against attacks, too, so using one as a melee tank isn't completely unreasonable. The "standard" tinkermage build is probably the Dex-based one, though. I used both a Str-based and a Dex-based tinkermage and they both pulled their weight, but I'd say the Dex-based one was slightly more versatile.