Word thingy game. Title in the workings yet.

Owenmoz

So in honour of my vacation trip to a place with many beaches and chill, in about 24 hours I will post titles and clues to be matched. Much like triple slartifer. Its basically the same game really.

Example of an answer:

2- Calzone Spire - The future name of the tower of pizza.

This example sucks multitudes but im lazy.

The rating system goes from 0 to 5.

0 Is a wrong answer.

1 Right connection based only on probability with no attempt at getting the references.

2 Right connection with wrong grasp at a refference.

3 Right connection and correct reference.

4 Right connection with detailed references. Or if you just agree with me. Idk i may show favoritism xD jk jk.

5. Right connection detailed references in a complicated answer that has multiple references.( In this episode there is only only one or two)

On the same note some connections are extraordinarilly simple so in order to get points I'll need you folks to get the full reference.

Anyway. If you folks can, please participate for one im curious on weather you'll get the references. Also any cricticism is welcome and will be noted.

Finally you can use google or other search engines. I am sure you'll need google for some. But see if you can get some without.

The listing comes in about 24 hours as I said. Which may be inconvenient for people with different time zones but its the best i can do.

TITLES

1-Trois-Guilbert

3-Evil Panamaya

4-Deadly Malaika

5-Servants of All

7-Absynth vs Italy

8-From moscow do for love

9-Egyptian Godess Expansionism

11-Rabbit hole alegory

13 - Old childhood

15 - Ornstein and Smaug

16 - Love Lizard

19 - Violet O'Hara Carson

20 -Swedish Heavy Rainfall

22 - Merlin Manson

23 - Bread Berry Firemen

30 - Multifacet Shifting Polygon

REFERENCES:

Samael visits africa?

Tupac visits the 3rd rome.

Perhaps the best known song by tribalistas.

Moirai sing mounrfully about the sea.

Liesel Meminger Biggest enemies from a pararel universe ?

How i identify myself.

Maybe a sexual reference to scot's britain after the failure of the third cursade.

Cause of recent Humanitarian Crisis.

Anor Londo proves particularly difficult for Alberich.

Poland loses its status as a great power.

Evolution of underated pokemon.

V from V for Vendeta strugles not to lose a family farm during the civil war.

Plato goes on a posibly drug induced jorney of self discovery.

Since the 3rd age live in the white tower.

Sauron with a hat

Round Table made of metal.

League of Nations fails.

Have fun!

18 - Hail Barry - Archer's cyborg rival can control the weather.

10-Foxes and Roses - Sweet Little Prince of mine.

12- Quiet of the pigs - Clarice Starling makes a cricticism of stalinism based on childhood trauma.

27 - Symphony No. 7 - Shostakovich's tribute to St. Petersburg.

17 - The 3 Fados - Moirai sing mounrfully about the sea.

25 - Eternal Carpet Weaver - Odysseus/Ulysses' wife's likelly nickname.

26 - Sarai's Handmaid - Whose steps are Retraced during the hajj.

28 - Whatever floats your gloat - Setting low standarts for yourself to ensure smug satisfaction.

6-White House - Largest city in morroco.

14 - Ifrit Ozai - Not nearly as well written as his daughter.

24 - Pyrite Compass - Philip Pullman's sequel once again eludes his fans.

21 - Carbonic Park - Movie franchise featuring giant instects.

2-Alo; song by Shia lebeuf - Apiculture and Utilitarian Raelgun.

29 - Mud Monster - Created by Loew to defend the jews in prague.

Also... Bonus from the players:

This is the only storm xD

Okay, this is a lot harder on the other side :p

18 - Hail Barry - Archer's cyborg rival can control the weather.

Archer's cyborg rival is Barry. Hail is weather.

10-Foxes and Roses - Sweet Little Prince of mine.

Two major elements in _Le Petit Prince_. I guess also a reference to Sweet Child of Mine, but not sure how that fits.

12- Quiet of the pigs - Clarice Starling makes a cricticism of stalinism based on childhood trauma.

Reference to _Silence of the Lambs_ and _Animal Farm_?

18. YES! +3

Also hale berry an actress famous for portraying storm. Who can control the weather. But nice one on hail, thought people would overlook it.

10. Yes! +3

Foxes and Roses a reference to the fox and the rose, proiminent characters in said book as well as to the band guns and roses which sings sweet child of mine.

12. Yes +3

Animal farm is also called triumph of the pigs in some languages by george orwell, like most his books. A cricticism of stalinism. Also clarice starling from silence of the lambs had a childhood trauma kinda thing involving slaughter of lambs in a farm. I dont remember it right.

Also it is a bit complicated to create it too.

27 - Symphony No. 7 - Shostakovich's tribute to St. Petersburg.

Pretty self-explanatory I think? That's what his 7th symphony was.

17 - The 3 Fados - Moirai sing mounrfully about the sea.

The 3 Moirai are the 3 Fates. It took me a while to figure out the sea connection. Fado means fate in Portuguese and there's a mournful song about the sea that goes by that name.

Re Halle Berry... hah, can't believe I missed that. Whatever, though, her portrayal of Storm was abominable.

25 - Eternal Carpet Weaver - Odysseus/Ulysses' wife's likelly nickname.

One of the ones that is obviously once you put the clues together. Penelope was forever weaving a tapestry to avoid marrying any suitors, in one of those absurd ploys that would never work in real life but works in myths & sitcoms

26 - Sarai's Handmaid - Whose steps are Retraced during the hajj.

The clue had me thinking Mohammed for a while, but of course he isn't the only figure relevant to the hajj; Hagar is, as well, among others.

28 - Whatever floats your gloat - Setting low standarts for yourself to ensure smug satisfaction.

Although I was sort of hoping "standarts" was an Angband reference and not a typo, gloating tends to be smug and "whatever floats your boat" can be a way of accepting anything without regards to standards.

CASABLANCA! Casa blanca. Sometimes it really does help to say things out loud.

14 - Ifrit Ozai - Not nearly as well written as his daughter.

The name is a reference to the Firelord Ozai from _Avatar: The Last Airbender_, who indeed was a much less interesting character than his daughter Azula. (Also less interesting than his son, his wife, his brother, and pretty much everyone else :p)

24 - Pyrite Compass - Philip Pullman's sequel once again eludes his fans.

A reference to the first book of the _His Dark Materials_ series, published in some places as _The Golden Compass_, and iron pyrite a.k.a. fools' gold.

27 YES! +3 Yep self explanatory. It was for the siege of leningrad. Now and previously known as st petersburg

17 YES! +3 Actually Fado is a whole musical style mostly involves mournfull songs and sea or churches. Or anything really. Fado also means fate as you noted.

25 YES! +3 Maybe cause back in Ancient Greece No didnt mean No?

26 YES! +3 After being sent away by abraham and sara, the quran takes on what happens to Hagar and Ismahel, the hajj traces her quest for water and despair at it. She finds a well after going back and forth between a two mountains if im not mistaken.

RE: Cant beat her portrayal of catwoman :p but physically she fits. I cant imagine storm not hale berry-ish.

Although I was sort of hoping "standarts" was an Angband reference and not a typo, gloating tends to be smug and "whatever floats your boat" can be a way of accepting anything without regards to standards.

CASABLANCA! Casa blanca. Sometimes it really does help to say things out loud.

28. YES! +2 That was an ortographic error. Mostly reffering to people that gloat on average things. As duch feeling smug and content easilly. Great phylosophy though. Always figured that low standards are key to happiness.

6. YES! +3

Jurassic Park + Carboniferous era, part of the mesozoic

The big clue here was "Alo" and that ill-fitting "Rael". I'm not entirely sure how Shia Laboeuf, apiculture, and utilitarianism fit in. Alorael has written about at least one of those topics.

Reference to the original Golem, which was indeed created by Loew to defend the Jews in Prague.

Sorry, this is the only Storm.

14 YES! +3 IKR!? so saltless -.-' Ifrit is a fire spirit on the same category as djinn. They are powerfull etc... would have gotten 4 point here if not for it.

24 YES! +2 He has a follow up to that marvelous trilogy on the wprkings. Its been decades. Waiting for it is chasing fools' gold.

Jurassic Park + Carboniferous era, part of the mesozoic

The big clue here was "Alo" and that ill-fitting "Rael". I'm not entirely sure how Shia Laboeuf, apiculture, and utilitarianism fit in. Alorael has written about at least one of those topics.

Reference to the original Golem, which was indeed created by Loew to defend the Jews in Prague.

Sorry, this is the only Storm.

21 YES! +3 Also carboniferous era was marked for giant insects.

2 YES! +2 hey. It is very fitting thank you >.> Alright its a reference and friendly jab to alorael's view on ethics. Halo by "Queen B". Also on the list of disastrous portrayals shia le beuf's on transformers his being bumblebee. Thus both on beyonce and shia: Apiculture( sorta like farming. But with bees.)

29- YES! +3

Also i only have 30. You must have ravaged through half of it. And not necessarilly the easier.

EDIT:That is the only storm indeed. Long time though.

Ghuls are definitely not djinn. Janns and Sheytans fit in there somewhere though.

Shaitan is the devil himself. Im not sure if there are other *like* him but he's made from the same material. Smokeless eternal fire if im not mistaken. Im not familiar on janns. But i saw ghuls on the same list. I'll have to read more on it though.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jinn uses shaytan and jann as classes of djinn; this is supported by the article on Iblis as well. That article does say "ghul" is a name for vanilla djinn, but everywhere else makes it look like they are label for a specific variety, including the article on ghul itself. Looks like you're right about them fitting in somewhere though.

1. Trois-Guilbert -- Maybe a sexual reference to Scot's Britain after the third crusade

Sir Walter Scot is the author of Ivanhoe which takes place in Britain after the third crusade. Trois can be translated into three-way and in some sets of slang refers to sex involving three individuals and Brian Bois Guilbert was a Knight Templer in Ivanhoe and one of the main antagonists.

9. Egyptian Goddess Expansionism -- Cause of Recent Humanitarian Crisis

ISIS was an Egyptian Goddess and is the most common abbreviation in the US media for the organization also known as ISIL or Daesh which has of course caused a recent humanitarian crisis by creating horrible conditions in parts of Iraq and Syria causing people to choose to flee to more stable countries.

3. Evil Panamaya -- Sauron with a hat

Sauron represented evil in the Lord of the Rings series (though I believe he was the evil understudy in the broader mythology of the series) and a Panama hat is a form of head wear.

22. Merlin Manson -- Round Table made of metal

Marilyn Manson is an industrial/alternative metal performer, and Merlin was a key advisor and court wizard to King Arthur and the Round Table

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jinn uses shaytan and jann as classes of djinn; this is supported by the article on Iblis as well. That article does say "ghul" is a name for vanilla djinn, but everywhere else makes it look like they are label for a specific variety, including the article on ghul itself. Looks like you're right about them fitting in somewhere though.

Now im only further confused. Seems that jann are weak. Among the weakest. Yet i think years back the same arcticle said ghuls were. I'll have to confirm with my muslim friends but i doubt they'll be of much help.

1. Trois-Guilbert -- Maybe a sexual reference to Scot's Britain after the third crusade

Sir Walter Scot is the author of Ivanhoe which takes place in Britain after the third crusade. Trois can be translated into three-way and in some sets of slang refers to sex involving three individuals and Brian Bois Guilbert was a Knight Templer in Ivanhoe and one of the main antagonists.

9. Egyptian Goddess Expansionism -- Cause of Recent Humanitarian Crisis

ISIS was an Egyptian Goddess and is the most common abbreviation in the US media for the organization also known as ISIL or Daesh which has of course caused a recent humanitarian crisis by creating horrible conditions in parts of Iraq and Syria causing people to choose to flee to more stable countries.

1 YES +4 from menage a trois

9 YES +3 By far my laziest match xD

3. Evil Panamaya -- Sauron with a hat

Sauron represented evil in the Lord of the Rings series (though I believe he was the evil understudy in the broader mythology of the series) and a Panama hat is a form of head wear.

22. Merlin Manson -- Round Table made of metal

Marilyn Manson is an industrial/alternative metal performer, and Merlin was a key advisor and court wizard to King Arthur and the Round Table

3 YES! +3 You forgot to reffer on how Sauron is Maya, i guess tolkien's equivalent to angels. Although come to think of it, they are bellow Valla but Vallar themselves are not gods i think. Not by their own merit as they were created by iluvatar as so nymph form of it.

22. YES! +3

I read something years ago saying that jann were "fallen jinn" in the same way that apes were considered to be fallen men.

Sauron isn't a maya, he's a maia. Not arguing with the phrase you wrote, just think it's a worthwhile correction given how elaborate Tolkien's work on his languages was.

I read something years ago saying that jann were "fallen jinn" in the same way that apes were considered to be fallen men.

Sauron isn't a maya, he's a maia. Not arguing with the phrase you wrote, just think it's a worthwhile correction given how elaborate Tolkien's work on his languages was.

APES WERE CONSIDERED FALLEN MEN!??? Sometimes history is filled with embarassing moments. I think i will go for the fallen djinn line. It clicks right.

Also ya. Been a looooong time since i read the elf bible. i will however in future try not to make ortographic errors. They seem to smokescreen some clues, mostly not my intention.