A6 - Meryhew Quests Bug...Please help?!

Hi! I'm new to the forums, but I own all Spiderweb games except the first three games/old First Avernum Trilogy, Blades of Exile, and Avadon: The Black Fortress.

Am I supposed to Aid Dharmon, Aid Gnass, and Aid Patrick's Tower before reporting to Meryhew? I'm asking because, according to the walkthrough, I can receive the reward(s) for completing two out of three quests, and still complete the third after Meryhew gives me the Great Portal quest.

I've had trouble in at least two games when I've completed the third quest of the original three. There's no dialogue option with Meryhew despite the fact that the text says that I can still complete any quests I'd currently been working on prior to receiving the Great Portal quest. I finished the Aid Dharmon and Aid Gnass quests. She gave me the Great Portal quest and then I completed the Aid Patrick's Tower quest. Horyn told me to report to The Castle when I completed the mushroom blight test for her, but as I mentioned, I have no dialogue option for completing that quest with Meryhew. The quartermaster doesn't acknowledge that 'I've done enough' to receive more supplies either.

Thanks in advance for any help. :)

You are given groups of three Aid quests and need to complete two to advance to the next quest that usually opens a new area. The quest reward for the three group Aid quests comes after reporting completion of the first or second. Usually there isn't an additional reward for the third quest except from the place that you did it.

The idea was some players won't do all three Aid quests in the group, but only the two they find easiest. Since you can do any two and in any order, the dialogue is done the same and doesn't get check at the individual towns for how many you did, but the Castle check is whether you have done one or two.

Welcome to Spiderweb Software. Please leave your sanity at the door. This will help resolve all inconsistencies. Really it helps when you don't play the game in exactly the same way that the game designer intended it to be played. :)

Thank you for replying so quickly and for explaining that. I thought I was doing something wrong, or that my game was bugged. Horyn rewarded me for completing the mushroom blight test, so not getting a reward from Meryhew is no big deal.

I'm rather "OCD-ish" when it comes to exploring and completing EVERYTHING in my games, and I was already becoming frustrated over not finding the Blessed Shortsword in the Blosk Ruins. I killed all the bandits before looting anything to get the highest reward from the mayor of Dharmon. He gave me 300 coins and a Terror Wand, and then I went back to finish looting the ruins. I found everything except that sword! Argh!!!

Thanks again! :wub: