So my computer bluescreened while I was playing Avadon...

utelektr

Definitely a corrupt save. Yeah, you need to go back to a previous save.

I don't have one. I might just keep playing, I'm almost at the end, I don't really need any more loot or cash.

Now that I think about it, what actually happened was that I quick-saved, computer crashed when I hit the border of the zone, then when I reloaded that quick save, I got the save error, but it still saved. I guess loading that save was what deleted all the items.

There have been a few corrupt saved problems especially with all future containers being empty. The problem is hard to reproduce because it happens at different points late in the game and there isn't the same cause before it happens.

Nethergate: Resurrection could have the party appear in a space it couldn't move from when entering a zone.

Avernum 5 was the first with empty containers.

The autoave on mine still produced the dagger filled bag. I guess it depends if Utelektr went into a new region since it started. Oh, and I wasn't very clear on one point Startibus - the non-solution I was talking about was to continue the game without using the junk bag. I'm sure that if I had not continued playing to the point that all my saved games produced dagger filled bags and had a prior save that it would have worked. The next game was fine - no similar problems.