Geneforge 5 - Meeting with Ghaldring

Caz

Just got permission from Alwan to go meet with Ghaldring. In Gazaki-Uss I got woken up by a drakon and their servants who want to duel me unless I say that drakons are superior. Tried fighting them twice but my agent almost always get killed in the first round. If I admit that drakons or better they just leave, but then Ghaldring has locked himself in the room and refuses to see me.

So... What do I do now? Is it even possible to beat the drakon that wakes you up? I'm only playing on hard mode btw.

Depending upon your character it is possible to win, however if you keep dying in the first round you don't have the health and resistances.

To see Ghaldring, you need to go from the sleeping area east and then immediately south through the Power Core. Not exactly an easy trip so you might need to go back and gain some levels if it doesn't work either.

I hope you have some extra saves and maybe make a copy of the autosave from before you entered Gazaki-Uss.

Welcome to Spiderweb Software. Please leave your sanity at the door. The next part is insane. :)

Level can be a bit of an arbitrary number. Do you have a screenshot of your character sheet that you could share? And a list of skills learnt might be helpful too. There are a lot of extra skills you can pick up if you are doing a canister run that you might have missed if you made a beeline for each story event.

I decided to try and level up some and I've been doing a lot of sneaking about to find more equipment. Got the charmed falchion by sneaking into the nodye pass, then snuck into the dera reaches by hiding from the bridge guards. Went wandering around and got a nice belt off a dead guy in the lethia pass. Big problem though. I've managed to get stuck in between Dera South Shore and Oasis Fields where the way is blocked by instakill pylons. I got there by exiting through a gap in the pylons but returning to that map spawns me right in the middle of them so there's no way through. The rogues in Dera South Shore are not nice at all, but I'm assuming that will be the only way to get back to somewhere sensible. Damn it.

Yeah, the problem is that I left the map through one of those gaps but the way back spawns you at a spot where there are no gaps. Had to painfully sneak back all through the Dera reaches when I'm really not at a level to be here. On the upside I got a good look at the defenses which earned me a Charm canister from Mehken. Should make things easier.