Post here if you still play BoE

DesertPlah

Were I interested, I would have been chongging dongs a long time ago.

EDIT: What I meant to say was, thanks, I didn't know there was a contest on. I'll enter this, but I won't be putting enough effort in to expect anything worthwhile. This is just for practice, kinda like Teh Fuleish Giant. Except that one was also for story-telling.

Been playing BoE scenarios since before most of you were born. I am trying to play ALL of them, that I can find. Rat now I'm stuck in one called Dagger of Mystery because it is a mystery to me how one gets the danged dagger to work ! Anybody ever heard of this one? Can't find anybody or anyplace to ask about it.

Emo

Reporting from Fort Mudge, Idaho

Quote:
Originally written by Emo:
Been playing BoE scenarios since before most of you were born.
Astonishingly enough, most of us are not under the age of 10, so this seems unlikely. :p
Quote:
I am trying to play ALL of them, that I can find.
An honorable quest! One place to go that may assist you: the Archive , which has every known BoE scenario. It should have everything that is available, and if you manage to find something that it doesn't have, e-mail me, because I'd like to put it up.

Quote:
Can't find anybody or anyplace to ask about it.
I'm not sure where you think you are, but you happen to be posting on the Blades of Exile forum on the Spiderweb Software site. The people here are the "anybody" to ask about it, and this place is the "anyplace" to ask about it. :p

There's also the Lyceum , which has less traffic but is also a good place to look for help.

• 4 months later...

I still play, but haven't released any scenarios of my own... some of the scenarios I've played from others were kinda sucky, imo, and there are a few that were great. I was working on my own scen., but it corrupted completely, my monitor melted into a synthesized goo, my computer exploded, and my cat caught on fire. Heh, I'm exaggerating... but after all that work, it sure felt like it >_>

I can't say as I "still" play it, because I never really did back in the days of yore. But given that there are a heck of a lot of scenarios for it, and I would wager most of them have never been updated to the Avernum engine, it definitely has a place on my hard drive. It also means that while I don't think any of the Exile games have been entirely superseded by their Avernum counterparts, Blades is much less so than the others.

Quote:
Originally written by malkav11:
... most of them have never been mangled on the horrific Procrustean bed that is the Avernum engine ...
Fixed your typo.

In addition, I would still be playing BoE if it weren't for the fact that Wine doesn't seem to like Win16 anymore. Which is reasonable enough, but I won't be able to play it until someone brings it up to date. Apparently we're getting close to that, though, so woo.