Are there any Lost Forever in Avernum 2?

Out of the blue I got into the mood to play Avernum 2: Crystal Souls and before I got way too deep into the game, I wanted to know if there were any events or plot twists in Avernum 2 that were similar to Fort Remote in the first game, where places and people disappeared/became inaccessible if you proceeded too far into the game, and if you hadn't completed all the quests related to those people and picked up important items from those places, well, sucks to be you.

Similarly, are there quests that conflict with one another? I seems to recall that it became impossible to have a normal conversation with the people from Kyass if a certain quest from the commander at the Castle was added to your quest log, I could be misremembering tho.

There are a few minor quests in the Demo that you should do before going down the Dark Waters like turning in every iron bar that you can find. But there is no major things that you will move miss.

I think Jeff eliminated the conflict over 3 people wanting the Black Drake Fang by adding another in a hard to get to place.

I think Jeff eliminated the conflict over 3 people wanting the Black Drake Fang by adding another in a hard to get to place.

He did, there are three black drake fangs and there are enough passes for everyone who wants a pass. I think the Iron bars quest you mentioned is the only one that disappears, and of course you only have one chance to explore the Dark Waters area.