ow my eyes!

having followed all the recent interest into the early geneforge games i realized that i barely played 1-3 and only finished 4 and 5. so i downloaded my humble bundle package, installed geneforge and was told that i need to up my resolution to 800x600 and 16 bit color. Then it didn't start. i opened it up in compatibility mode for win xp using 16 bit color and changed the resolution and was able to start the game. and ow!

is there any hack to update the resolution past 800x600? or do i have to tough up and just get used to it?

a year or so for Avadon 3, two years for New Game: The RPG, and then a further two years for Geneforge: The Remake. i think i'm better off just getting used to it. at least i'll now understand all the talk about the later parts of the early games.

that's pretty much what sparked my interest in playing it again. everyone was having discussions and talking about the sholai and i was like who? i only met the one sholai in 4 or 5 who is an ambassador and i had no idea who the rest were.

well, here goes! at least i can look forward to graphics improving as i journey.........unlike some others here! (That's really a torment runthrough!)

you're right, i forgot about Avernum 3. but even if you replace New Game with Avernum 3 the timeline stays the same.

Actually this time line can be rewritten to say Minimum Time To Remake Geneforge. Avadon 3 and Avernum 3 are pretty much the only definite games in the pipeline, with either a new game or a geneforge remake following it. whichever way you count it there is still a multi year wait for a remake.

unless he wins the lottery and retires!