Linking Character

Blxz

Having just met a very old Amena Blade in G4 has reminded me that I met a much younger Amena in Geneforge 1. And she was there in Geneforge 2. I also recall her in G3.

So clearly in the last century of game time since Sucia Island was discovered there has been a character who has lived an entire life through the whole thing.

But she is sick and dying in this game. I don't expect to find her in G5 (although I might. Will have to wait and see)

My question is: are there any characters that are present in all 5 games? Or are there multiple characters? Or at the very least, are there any other characters that are present in only 4 of the 5 games (which I suspect Amena will be limited to).

Ghaldring is in 4 games

Says the person who has only played two and a half games. :)

Ghaldring is not actually present in second game. A mysterious door is present and he is behind that door but that is a story point only. He isn't actually there since the door is impossible to open and there is no character coded behind it.

He also isn't in G3. He is mentioned a few times but isn't there physically as far as I am aware.

I sometimes wonder, what is the deal with Tek's Spectral Dirk? Perhaps it was Tek's Dirk originally, but Tek was carrying it when he died and the dirk also died and became a ghost, somehow. Makes as much sense as anything else pertaining to unlife or the afterlife in Geneforge. It seems (slightly) more likely, though, that it was actually an extension of Tek's spirit and it somehow became 'material' enough to continue existing when Tek was re-killed.

Either way, one might consider it a character - or at least a fragment of one - that is present in every game.

Following either logic, though, makes the existence of two TSDs in G2 even more uncomfortable.

Consider Carnelian's tendency to lose her gloves anywhere and everywhere - even Sucia Isle!

Not sure about this one. I always figured the Carnelian gloves to be the name of an object....like Cello-tape being an object rather than belonging to someone named 'Cello'.

Tek's spectral dirk on the other hand certainly sounds like it belongs to someone named 'Tek'.