How the hell you beat the 2 guarded bridges?

i'm level 16 shaper with heavily 2 upgraded thahd, fyora and vlisk, (each level 13+)

both bridges are guarded by augmented warrior, and reaper turrets, also some mages.

the warrior and mages launch searing orbs that gives 60-80 damage to multiple creatures, the reaper turrets deal 120+ damage each.

i already joined a faction and helped astrov, now he instruct me to pass the bridges and go to the geneforge. other than that, i'm clearing the mine areas atm, and the crystal pylons there barely give me XP. aside this, the area i haven't cleared is spirit city because it's guarded by great deal of battle betas and gamma.

i kinda messed up my build by spreading my skill equally among 3 type, so when i created "advanced" creatures, it's weaker than my upgraded basic one. am i screwed? >__>

Going through the mines is the easy way. You don't need to beat the bridges at all.

I'm not an expert on creations but I think there is no Geneforge game where upgrading them is a good use of your essence. Rather get more and better creations. Ideally you would replace the thahds and fyoras.

Put up a screenshot of your stat screen so that we can see how messed up you are ?

YEDSh2c.png

i dump my points in mechanic, leadership, and INT. i put 2 to STR so i can carry more stuff, the high STR is because of canisters and girdle of strength.

aside from that, i tried to put all shaping skills equally which resulted a low yield of each stat.

i saw people play with 1 type of creature, so specialize. dunno if i'm f-ed. i generally can beat everything my with current setups, but those bridges and half dozens of battle betas are just too much

I assume you are playing G1? And that you are talking about the zone named "Guarded Bridge" rather than the zones named "Northbridge" and "Southbridge"?

To get through Guarded Bridge, you'll need to either wait until you're stronger OR go join the Takers and get an amulet from Gnorrel. If you joined some other faction...well, you'll need to wait on clearing that zone. But as Nim said, if you've passed through the mines, you really don't need to worry about it, since it's not stopping you from going anywhere or doing anything important.

Creation mechanics vary from game to game, but the way the game mechanics work in G1, your best bet is to settle on a creation skill (Fire, Magic, Battle) and keep raising it. Each time you raise it, absorb all your creations and make new ones of the most advanced type that you can. Leveling up creations actually results in much weaker creatures overall. Just because you durdled around so far, it doesn't mean you can't choose to focus from this point on.

Your build is definitely less than optimal, but the game is by no means unwinnable. Remember that there are pretty much always two paths to any destination in this game, one that relies on combat and one that relies on Leadership / Mechanics / sneaking. Since you've invested well in Lead/Mech, you may just need to focus on finding those non-combat solutions sometimes. If you can't find anywhere to go, start revisiting all the zones you've been to and make sure you fully explored them - it's very possible you've overlooked exits that lead to other new zones.

Seeing as you haven't been past the bridges that means you bought that much leadership and mechanic. Big waste of skillpoints.

Mechanics can be bought once you are past the bridges for 2k a point and you get the tinker gloves in the mines. Putting 3-4 points into mech is enough, there are plenty of living tools (and unlock) to unlock stuff. And I don't think there are enough mines/other mech opportunities to put precious points here.

Leadership can be bought a bit later at the same price. I generally value LS less than Mech in G1, there really isn't a lot of stuff it gets you and putting points here to join the Obeyers or Awakened seems bad. I can understand investing in LS to join the takers without killing the sholai refugees tho.

I also think your healing craft is too high. G1 ( and G2) have deadly combat, everybody hits hard while not having a ton of hitpoints making healing less valuable imo.

In general you can expect to reach low 20ish levels. So 15 base skillpoints and say 20 lvl ups at 6 points gives you 135 skillpoints. Not a lot.

For turrets it's a matter of moving up enough to hit with a range attack and move back before they can hit you. You need the speed spell to get those extra action points.

But for the others you need to lure them away to do one at a time and don't be afraid to use crystals for extra damage per round .

I'm not an expert on creations but I think there is no Geneforge game where upgrading them is a good use of your essence.

Actually... putting extra points in Strength or Intelligence can be really useful for low-level creations in the first two games, especially at the beginning. They need the STR to hit and the INT to not go rogue after a hit or two (and Artilas and Vlish could use the extra Energy). It's pretty pointless later on, of course, and it won't make low-tier creations strong enough to compete with higher ones. A Cryoa/Thahd Shade/Searing Artila - to say nothing of the tier 2 and tier 3 creations - will be much more effective than a starter creation regardless of your upgrades.

Seeing as you haven't been past the bridges that means you bought that much leadership and mechanic. Big waste of skillpoints.

I also think your healing craft is too high. G1 ( and G2) have deadly combat, everybody hits hard while not having a ton of hitpoints making healing less valuable imo.

actually i only put 2 points to healing craft, the rest is canister and samaritan sandals

EDIT: i just got the skill to create drayks. dang, these guys are so tough it's a game-changer. high HP, high missile attacks, even high melee bites. no shaper can ask for a finer creatures :D i love these guys so much

Geneforge I

I played as an Agent. Had no creations but I did try the push and pull.

Lure some guards over and cut them down piecemeal!!

You are playing Shaper, so keep your weaker creations in the back. Send in a thahd and lure them into your creation trap. Pew pew MWAHAHA!

Or just ignore the bridge entirely because you have other options. It wasn't an option for me, as a completionist.

me too. it nags me so much if i have an unexplored location, even if it's just a small dot on a map with even no loot :p

anyway, i just wipe them up with drayks. i still needed a few healing spores, single shielding spore and a blessing, but heck, i tore em off like a wet tissue.

i have 3 of them now, and discarded all my previous creatures.

This is pretty common in Geneforge. There are very often areas that cannot easily be completed interspersed with more 'normal' areas. As you did with getting drayks and coming back, this is generally the best course of action if you are not a powerplayer. Very often you won't be able to beat these difficult areas at first with gaming the system a little bit.