Technical Issue

Spartan-117

No. Right-click on BLADEXIL.EXE (should be in C:\Program Files\BLADEXIL\ unless you put the program somewhere else), then click Properties, then click the Compatibility tab, and check "Run this program in compatibility mode for" and select Windows 95 from the dropdown menu.

Hope that helps.

If you only want to play someone else's scenario there should be a Windows version around the place somewhere.

If you can't find a Windows translation or if you want to write your own scenario:

My understanding is that the Mac "exs" files should just be opened in a Windows BoE Editor and then saved.

As for any Meg graphics, I don't know. When BoE was big time, before BoA, Spiderweb software converted graphics before a scenario was released.

Quote:
Originally written by Ishad Nha:

My understanding is that the Mac "exs" files should just be opened in a Windows BoE Editor and then saved.
I'm pretty sure this is unnecessary, which is a good thing since it's not possible in password-protected scenarios.

Quote:
Originally written by Ishad Nha:
As for any Meg graphics, I don't know. When BoE was big time, before BoA, Spiderweb software converted graphics before a scenario was released.
I think the only way to deal with the graphics is to get someone who has a Mac to convert them. Although on FAT drives they are usually stored in an invisible folder (RESOURCE.FRK or something like that), I don't think the file format is openable on Windows.

Ideally a Mac user creating a scenario should provide graphics for Windows. Preferably in BMP, but any standard graphics format would work.

Quote:
Originally written by The Almighty Doer of Stuff:
Actually, BoE only takes BMP on Windows, and if you use JPG you risk filling the image with compression artifacts, resulting in whitish patches where there should be transparent space in the game.
I know it only takes BMP, but it's pretty easy for a Windows user to convert a GIF or PNG to BMP format. It may be harder for some Mac users to do this.