Geneforge 1-5 launching problem

Hi,

I've downloaded geneforge on this new computer that I have and when I launch the game an example G5

your supposed to choose an screen resolution but with me it appears blank. No screen resolution option for me.

I've tried everything and still nothing. When I click the start button nothing happens.

Has anyone had this problem too before and found a solution or knows how to fix this as I really want to play again :(

P.S Let's go Trakovites!!

Manufacturer: Hewlett-Packard Company

Model: p7-1154

Processor: AMD A6-3600 APU with Radeon HD Graphics 2.10GHz

Installed memory (RAM): 6.00 GB (5.48GB usable)

System type: 64-bit Operating System

Windows 7 Home Premium (Service Pack 1) Rating: 5.9 ;)

Monitor type: HP S2031 Series Wide LCD Monitor

Resolution: 1280 x 720 or 1152 x 648

pls let me know if you need any more information :)

Monitor type: HP S2031 Series Wide LCD Monitor

Resolution: 1280 x 720 or 1152 x 648

pls let me know if you need any more information :)

According to HP

"The HP s2031 LCD monitor has the following features:

1600 x 900 factory-set resolution"

So either thats not your monitor or you are using a wrong desktop resolution. Change it and G5 should run ?

I tried many times to change it to it's native resolution but it doesn't work.

I think that once I did manage and it said out of range or something like that.

I don't have a vga cable connected cause I don't have one but I don't think that is the problem

So how do I put it to it's native resolution without it saying out of range and that?

Okay this is what happened I went to amd catalyst and found out that I could add a resolution so I added 800x600 and geneforge finally worked but

there is a problem I cannot put a resolution higher then 1280x720. I tried adding 1024x768 but there is 2 problem, I cannot put a height higher then 720 and I can only use arrows to change the resolution I want in amd catalyst so that means width can only go on 1120 or 1136. It doesn't let me type the resolution I want so I still can't play G5. I guess I'll go play G1-3 and maybe later try G4 or maybe there is a problem with that too? idk I'll try it soon but G5 I know I cannot play :(

Well, first step should probably be to test the monitor on another PC, maybe parents/friends if that is possible ? Making sure it really works at 1600x900.

Assuming the monitor works elsewhere (or you simply can't test it) I would download the newest AMD Omega drivers and install them, though after getting rid of the old drivers with DDU.

I have news I went and used DDU (clean out and restart) and it removed the amd catalyst.

I went to screen resolution and it I GOT A BUNCH OF SCREEN RESOLUTIONS!! XD

My highest one being 1600x1200. When I put 1600x1200 it says input out of range while still managing in displaying that resolution after a min my screen goes to sleep.

anything under 1600x1200 works tho. When I launched G5 I finally got to choose which resolution I wanted but I didn't click start tho to test it.

I'm going to install AMD omega driver and come back with news.

Wait now I got them back I only needed to do somethings.

My highest resolution is 1920x1080 XD of course I know my computer cannot handle that but now I can play G5

But how can I save the settings? Every time I start my computer I need to do the same things to get it at the resolution I want.

I wish I could screenshot what I mean. Every time I need to go in catalyst and check some boxes about screen resolution and that.

While it did give me lots of resolution it seems I can only use 2 of them the others give the "input out of signal" crap. I'm currently using 1280x720 and while I click apply and then let's say restart my computer I need to go again in AMD catalyst to checks some boxes again to get the resolution I want and it tires me. G5 works only in windows and that is fine for me.